Vacancy Announcement: Project Assistant
The department of Aquaculture and Fisheries Science at Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR) in partnership with the Fraunhofer Research Organisation for Marine Biotechnology (EMB), Gesellschaft fuer Marine Aquakultur mbH (GMA), Human Nutrition and Health Department, and Food Science and Techology Department (LUANAR), Innovative Fish Farmers Network (IFFNT) and Quantum for Urban Agriculture, Livelihoods and Environmental Sanitation (QUALivES) is cordinating a project titled “Improving community health-nutrition linkages through solar energy based fish and crop integrated value chains (ich liebe fisch / I Love Fish)“. To enhance effective implementation of project activities, the project seeks to recruit a project assistant.
• Preparing montlhy project progress reports for project team leaders.
• Collecting and managing research data from project experiment areas.
• Preparing monthly project activity plans.
• Assisting in monitoring and evaluating project progress and reporting.
• Overseeing construction of project infrastructure e.g. Integrated Agriculture Aquaculture systems, Solar Powered Hatchery and Greenhouse.
• Representing the ich liebe fisch / I Love Fish in all relevant platforms as instructed by PI.
• Facilitating publicity of the project and its activities through articles, demonstrations and social media.
• Updating baseline information of the project.
• Assisting the projects student researchers carry out their research.
• Working with district fisheries offices and communities in project implementation sites
• Keeping up to date expenditure returns in liaison with accounts department.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by project management.
Applicants must have
• Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Aquaculture and Fisheries Science or any related field.
• Experience in research and data management, community awareness and extension.
Application is by email and should include: a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of academic certificates and contacts of two traceable referees.
All applications should be sent to email@example.com with copies to firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than 31st August, 2016.