Medcol Jobs 2017 : Study Coordinators (2) One Per Research Site
Training and Research Unit of Excellence (TRUE) is a young and vibrant research group at the College of Medicine specializing in high quality malaria and anemia research. Among other research studies, the unit will conduct a new study in Intermittent Preventive Treatment with DHA-piperaquine for malaria in pregnancy in areas with high sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine resistance in Africa in Chikhwawa and Mangochi hospitals.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates in the new study:
Under the leadership of the Programme Manager, the Site Coordinator will manage the day-to day activities of the research site including ordering and managing stocks, supervising site staff and maintaining site records according to TRUE procedures and principles of Good ClinicaPractice.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the research site and assist in training study staff.
- Conduct regular site meetings to evaluate and plan site activities.
- Supervise the ordering of consumables and equipment for research site.
- Ensure that all projects at the site are managed in accordance with TRUE procedures and principles of Good Clinical Practice.
- Organize and document weekly research team meetings.
- Line-manage the site team leaders and supervise staff.
- Ensure that all the necessary resources and materials are available at the site and are in line with the individual study budgets.
- Ensure that site stock levels are monitored and procurement requests initiated in a timely manner based upon stock levels or other relevant information/requirements.
- Ensure that complete documentation of all expenses incurred by the site is provided to the Programme Manager (ie: expenditure through petty cash) and is in accordance with TRUE guidelines and requirements.
- Maintain an amicable working relationship and clear communications with focal points in the MoH host facilities.
- Solve problems relating the site with help from the scientific leaders where necessary, and ensure smooth running of the site.
- Prepare regular progress reports of the site to the Programme Manager.
- Carry out any other administrative or managerial duties that may be assigned by the Programme Manager, Site Investigator or PI from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of MBBS with 2 years research experience or Degree in Nursing and Midwifery with at least 5 years research experience as a Research Coordinator or Site Manager.
- Valid GCP certificate and prior experience in clinical trials of Malaria in Pregnancy would be an added advantage.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications together with copies of relevant certificates, detailed CVs and names of three traceable referees to:
College of Medicine,
Electronic submissions should be sent to the following e-mail address:
email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate the name of the study as IMPROVE Study on the envelope for hard copy applications and indicate the same in the subject line of your email for electronic submissions.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than 28th February, 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.