Medcol Project Nurse/ Nurse Trainer (2)
The College of Medicine, with funding from the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) in Canada is embarking on a project called ‘Integrating a Neonatal Health Care Package in Malawi (IMCHA 108030-001). The project is aimed at improving neonatal care in selected district hospitals in the southern region.
Applications are therefore invited from interested and qualified individuals to fill the following posts, tenable at the College of Medicine in Blantyre.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- The incumbent will take the lead in the training of health care workers in the hospitals involved in all aspects of the project.
- The applicant must be a registered nurse or an enrolled nurse with at least two years experience in neonatal or Paediatric care and research.
- Previous experience in neonatal care nursing, Kangaroo Mother Care and work in infant feeding will be added advantage. Those previously involved as trainers will stand a better chance.
- The applicant must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Malawi.
– A minimum of a Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery
– At least two (2) years of work experience in a similar position.
Applications including detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and names and emails of three traceable referees should be submitted to:
College of Medicine
Private Bag 360
Deadline for receiving applications 31st May, 2017.
Only signed applications will be considered and shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.