MEDCOL 2017 Job Vacancy : Data Clerk
The Childhood Acute Illness & Nutrition Network, ‘CHAIN’. Building the evidence base for care of acutely ill, undernourished children in limited resource settings – a prospective cohort study” is looking for suitably qualified individuals to fill the post of DATA OFFICER .
Reports to: Project Coordinator, Data Manager
Liaises with: Other Statisticians and Data department members as well as Staff involved in data collection of projects.
To transfer research data to electronic database format, and perform checks on the quality of the data provided and entered into databases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To enter data into research databases,
- To transfer data from electronic sources into research databases and alternative database formats when necessary.
- To design electronic database tables and forms to be used for data entry.
- To run procedures for identification of data entry discrepancies (differences), check listed discrepancies against source data documents for research studies and make necessary corrections to data in databases.
- To maintain Case Record Forms, other research data documents and Project Data Management files in an orderly manner.
- To raise queries on missing, illegible or inconsistent data recorded on Case Record Forms and other research data documents.
- To run validation cross-checks and provide subsets or summaries for data in databases as specified by an Investigator, the Data/Database Manager or the Statistician.
- To liaise with the Data/Database Manager and the Principal investigator, or his/her appointee in addressing queries raised in bullets 4 and 6 above.
- To assist in the development and/or review of Standard Operating Procedures
- To perform any other data related duties, as assigned by the Data/Database Manager or Statistician
- To assist with the training of research project team members in data processing.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Diploma in Data Management or related field
- At least two years’ experience
Applications including detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and names and emails of three traceable referees should be submitted to:
College of Medicine
Private Bag 360
Or alternatively, email: email@example.com
Deadline for receiving applications will be 25th August, 2017. Only signed applications will be considered.