Oxford Policy Management 2017 Job Vacancy : Team Leader
OPM are positioning themselves to tender for the DFID-funded ‘Transparency and Accountability Programme’ in Malawi***.*** The project aims to delivery greater transparency, accountability and service delivery in Malawi, through an issues-based programme. The project is expected to run for 5 years, with work estimated to start in early 2018. Implementation is expected to take place across Malawi, with exact locations to be determined in the inception phase.
The Team Leader will have overall responsibility for the delivery of project activities, engagement with the donor and with clients, and management of the project team. Work areas are expected to include:
- Political Economy Analysis
- Delivery of projects that will improve accountability in a number of service delivery and economic growth areas
- Social accountability initiatives
- Public sector governance, planning and delivery
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Further work areas will be identified in the inception phase of the project
- Demonstrated experience in public sector governance, transparency and accountability, or public service delivery
- Significant prior consulting experience on donor-funded technical assistance programmes
- Proven ability to deliver in a complex and politically charged environment
- Proven experience with political economy analysis and monitoring & evaluation
- Experience working in Malawi is strongly preferred, work experience in the Southern Africa region is desirable and work in other African regions will be considered
- Education to a post-graduate degree level in a subject relevant to the project’s work
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Knowledge of Chichewa desirable
OPM offer a rewarding, interesting and collaborative work environment. What’s it like working at OPM, and why should you join our growing global organisation? Watch this video to see what our colleagues have to say.
To apply please fill out the form online and submit the requested documents. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries about the process and we will be happy to help, however, please be advised that we cannot accept applications submitted via email.
Thank you for considering OPM and we wish you all the best for your application.