Open University of Mauritius Mutual Aid Foundation Scholarships Academic Year 2019/2020
Applications are invited from deserving and needy students who have obtained admission on 1st year full time Undergraduate Degree Programmes of Studies at the University of Mauritius (UoM) / Open
University of Mauritius, University of Technology, University of Mascareignes and Mahatma Gandhi
Institute for the Academic year 2019/2020 and who wish to be considered for Sponsorship by the Mutual Aid Foundation (MAF). The MAF may also consider cases where students are not in first year of studies.
- Only students whose parents’ income does not exceed Rs20,000 monthly will be eligible to apply
for the Scholarships. Information on the financial situation of the student’s family will need to
be produced e.g evidence of monthly income of parents.
- They should not be beneficiaries of any scholarship or grant.
- The Scholarship will include an all-inclusive grant of Rs25,000 per student per academic year till
completion of their Programmes of Studies and a laptop will also be provided. Scholarships
exclude children of Mutual Aid employees.
- Selection of beneficiaries of the Scholarships will be carried out by the Managing Committee of
the Mutual Aid Foundation assisted by one representative of above institutions. Their decisions
will be final.
- The beneficiaries must subscribe to an Agreement to follow and complete the Programme of
Studies and to inform the Mutual Aid Foundation if they obtain another scholarship/grant or
decide to withdraw from the Programme of Studies.
- Renewal of the Scholarships for the 2nd and subsequent years will depend on good academic
results for the previous academic year, regular attendance and good behaviour as certified by
these institutions. A quarterly report will be sought from these institutions on the last two
- Applications must be made on the prescribed form obtainable from both Admissions and
Students Record Office of these institutions and from the Administration Section of the
Mauritius Civil Service Mutual Aid Association Ltd, 8th Floor, Mutual Aid Building, 5, Guy
Rozemont Square, Port Louis. Applicants should submit copies of the following supporting
documents along with their application:
(i) Birth Certificate and National Identity Card;
(ii) National Identity Card of Responsible Party/ies;
(iii) Evidence of monthly income of parents, marital status of parents and proof of need for financial assistance;
(iv) A letter from the Faculty/Centre concerned certifying that the applicant is a registered student of these institutions.
- Applications along with all supporting documents in an envelope marked “MAF Scholarships
2019/2020” should be sent by registered post to reach the Secretary, Mutual Aid Foundation, 8th
Floor, Mutual Aid Building, 5, Guy Rozemont Square, by September 15, 2019 at latest.
(i) Applications received after the closing date and/or not supported by the relevant documents will
not be considered.
(ii) Only successful candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application.
(iii) The Mutual Aid Foundation reserves the right not to allocate any Scholarship or to allocate a lesser number of Scholarships following this advertisement; and to take any action as deemed appropriate in case of misrepresentation and/or submission of wrong information.
August 15, 2019.