The Department of Teacher Training and Technical Education invites applications from candidates aspiring to study for the following programmes:-
• Three-year Diploma in Secondary Education (DSE) at Molepolole and Tonota Colleges of Education
• Three-year Diploma in Primary Education(DPE) at Serowe and Tlokweng Colleges of Education
• Three-year Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education (DECCE) at Serowe College of Education
The spaces are available for the following subjects as indicated below:
a) Diploma in Secondary Education) DSE)
Candidates applying for admission into this programme are expected to choose one (1) major subject and one (1) minor subject from a list of subjects offered at Molepolole and Tonota Colleges of Education. In addition, ALL students are expected to do the following core subjects: Communication and Study Skills, Foundations of Education, Special Education and Education Technology.
• Molepolole College of Education (MCE) offers the following subjects:
– Major: Art, Design and Technology, Moral Education, English, Setswana, Science, Mathematics and Religious Education.
– Minor: Music, Computer Education, Library Studies, English, Setswana, Science, Mathematics, Religious Education and Guidance and Counselling.
• Tonota College of Education (TCE) offers the following subjects:
– Major: Home Economics`, Social Studies, Agriculture, Business Studies, Moral Education, English, Setswana, Science, Mathematics and Religious Education.
– Minor: Physical Education, Social Studies, Agriculture, English, Setswana, Science, Mathematics, Religious Education, Library Studies, and Guidance & Counselling.
b) Diploma in Primary Education (DPE)
Candidates for this programme are required to take ALL subjects in the Primary School Curriculum, and in addition, select an area of specialization from any one of the following combinations:
• Mathematics and Science
• English and Setswana
• Social Studies and Religious Education
• Practical Subjects: any two from the following: Agriculture; Art, Craft and Design; Home Economics; Music; Physical Education.
c) Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education (DECCE)
Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education (DECCE): Candidates in this programme are required to take ALL the required courses within the programme.
Entry Requirements for DSE, DPE and DECCE
• Category I: (1) Candidates with BGCSE or its equivalence with a minimum of at least 3 subjects passed with credits.
(11) All candidates must have at least a pass in English.
• Category II: Candidates within the age range of 25 to 35 years on the day of registration at the college may be selected on the basis of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and relevant work experience since they left school.
How to apply
a) Applications should specify name, address, age and gender
b) All applications should be accompanied by certified copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts (BGCSE or its equivalence) and Omang for nationals or certified copies of the first 4 pages of passport for international students.
c) Candidates wishing to apply for Home Economics at Tonota College of Education must attach Junior Certificate (JC) Certificate to their application.
d) Application forms are obtainable from the College of the applicants’ choice, and/or Regional Education Office.
Conditions for Admission
a) Applicants who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
b) Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission into any of these colleges.
c) Local candidates who have received admission letters should apply for government sponsorship to the Department of Tertiary Education Financing.
d) Local candidates who have received admission letters will only be registered on production of proof of sponsorship and/or receipt of semester full payment.
e) International candidates who have received admission letters will only be registered on production of the following documents: Study Permit, sponsorship and/or receipt of semester full payment.
f) Faxed applications shall not be accepted.
g) ONLY successful candidates shall be responded to.
Applications can be directed and/or hand delivered to one institution only at the following addresses:
The Principal The Principal
Attention: Academic Registrar
Serowe College of Education
Private Bag 9