The Department of Training and Development invites applications from candidates wishing to study for the following programmes;
– Three year Diploma in Secondary Education (Molepolole and Tonota Colleges of Education)
– Three year Diploma in Primary Education (Serowe and Tlokweng Colleges of Education)
THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE OFFERED;
a) DIPLOMA IN SECONDARY EDUCATION
– At both Colleges English, Guidance and Counseling, Library Studies, Mathematics, Moral Education, Religious Education, Setswana and Science.
– At Molepolole College of Education only Art, Design & Technology, Music, Computer Education.
– At Tonota College of Education only Agriculture, Home Economics, Business Studies, Physical Education, Social Studies.
b) DIPLOMA IN PRIMARY EDUCATION
Trainees for this course are required to take ALL subjects in the Primary School Curriculum and in addition, select an area of specialisation from any one of the following combinations;
– Mathematics and Science
– English and Setswana
– Social Studies and Religious Education
– Practical Subjects: any two from the following- Agriculture, Art, Craft & Design, Home Economics, Music, Physical Education.
CATEGORY I- candidates with a minimum of BGCSE or its equivalent with credits in at least three subjects, one of which should be English.
CATEGORY II- Candidates who shall be between 25 and 35 years of age on the day of registration at College may be selected on the basis of relevant work experience since they left school and must have credits in at least two subjects and at least a pass in English Language at BGCSE or its equivalent.
a) Applicants who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
b)Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission into any of these colleges.
c) Selected candidates should apply to the Department of Tertiary Education Financing for sponsorship ONLY after they have received a letter of admission.
d) Faxed applications shall not be accepted.
e) Colleges shall respond only to those candidates selected for interview and those offered places after interview.
HOW TO APPLY
a) Applications should specify name, address,age and gender.
b) All applications should be accompanied by certified copies of academic and professional certificates (BGCSE or its equivalence) and certified copy of Omang.
c) Application forms are obtainable from the College of the applicants’ choice.
d) Applications should be directed to one institution only at the following addresses:
Attention: Admission Officer
Tonota College of Education
Private Bag T3