APPLY NOW FOR A PROGRAMMES AT LEVY MWANAWASA MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
APPLICATIONS FOR ADMISSION 2020/2021 ACADEMIC YEAR – JULY INTAKE
The Levy Mwanawasa Medical University (LMMU) was established as a Public University on 22nd May, 2019 under provisions of Section 132 of the Higher Education Act, No. 4 of 2013, by way of Statutory Instrument No. 39 and 40 of 2018. At its establishment, the LMMU became the fourth Public University and is the largest purpose-built health training institution in Zambia offering various education and training programmes for health professionals.
The LMMU national hub is a 3,000-student capacity campus including a 1,000 capacity National Health Reference Library, and 200-bed National Skills Laboratory Complex.
The Chainama College of Health Sciences, Dental Training School, Levy Mwanawasa University Teaching Hospital and Chainama Hills Hospital have been integrated into the LMMU. The LMMU has 10 provincial training hubs and multiple satellite practicum sites constituting its nationwide network of academic health complexes.
Applications are now invited from candidates who meet the requirements to pursue the under listed programmes offered in the various schools of the University. for further deatails
How to Apply- LMMU Regular Programmes
- Candidates are required to obtain the application forms at the UNIVERSITY from the Admissions Office or Download Here.
- Candidates are required to submit completed application forms, attaching certified copies of relevant certificates or result slips
- All applications must be accompanied by a non-refundable application fee of prescribed amount in form of cash or cheque deposited directly into a relevant University Bank Account
- The closing date for receiving dully completed application forms is as advertised
- Short listed candidates are invited to attend interviews (both oral and written)
- Candidates are ranked according to performance in terms of qualifications and interviews
- The final selection is determined by the available places
- Selected candidates will be notified through Acceptance Letters.
Applicants should understand that the satisfaction of minimum requirement does not automatically guarantee admission. The LMMU University admissions and selection committee is the final authority in the selection of candidates. It comprises all Heads of Departments chaired by a designated chairperson on behalf of the Univesity Registrar. All candidates are required to obtain the application forms at the University/College’s Admission office or download from this website.
The Application fee is ZMK 200 for Regular Programmes and should be Deposited in the following Account:
1. Bank Details
- Bank Name : INVESTRUST BANK PLC
- Branch Name : ODYS BRANCH
- Account Name : Levy Mwanawasa Medical University Third Party
- Account No : 110110359429026