Minimum Admission Requirements (Diploma)
- Certificate V, NCQF level 5 (General Education or TVET), or Certificate IV, NCQF level 4 with at least 20 credits at NCQF level 5.
- Applicants must have completed secondary (BGCSE or Certificate IV) or equivalent with 36 points. Equivalency may be based on transcripts from another institution or records from a school system of another country.
Normal Entry (BA Degree)
- Applicants must have completed BGCSE with 36 points, or a Diploma similar or equivalent to the qualification. Equivalency may be based on transcripts from another institution or records from a school system of another country.
Mature Entry (BA Degree)
- The qualification allows opportunities for students that don’t meet the ‘normal entry’ requirement be admitted on “APPLICATION FOR RECOGNITION OF NON – FORMAL PRIOR LEARNING.” Candidate should have at least five (5) years relevant experience in pastoral service, and counselling discipline, or equivalent.
- The qualification also allows opportunities for Diploma holders from any other field to be admitted with a 70% overall pass from bridge prerequisite core modules.
MODES OF PROGRAMS DELIVERY
(a) The College’s programme(s) shall be delivered through a full-time (FT), part-time (PT), and Open Distance learning (ODL) modes basis as they targeted at both none and working professionals.
(b) It is proposed to make the maximum use of on-line learning for blended learning activities and the pedagogy will focus strongly on work-based experiential learning, for example though projects, portfolios, mentoring and so forth.
(c) The key issue is how to offer the face-to-face component of the programme in a way that is as flexible and accessible as possible – what will be the most attractive alternative to individuals and employers, including those outside Gaborone and Botswana?
(d) Intended programme(s) are listed in terms of duration, level, mode of delivery and qualification to be awarded. The types and levels of the programme(s) offered at ABC are consistent with the stated mission and/or vision of the institution.
(i) To provide quality praxis Christian education for lifelong learning that is accessible, intentional, transformative, and appropriate for preparing Christian leaders for transformative leadership.
- Through full-time (FT), part-time (PT), and Open Distance learning (ODL), the College ensure that contextualization is evident starting with instructors. Instructors are encouraged to prepare design their modules’ projects that accommodate contextualization.
- ABC has a plan to introduce refresher courses for alumni or on-service. The programme shall be called Ministers’ Programme (MP5). It will be starting in June 2017. This is an intentional programme– needs oriented – based on what the on –job people need. MP5 shall be an adult learning programme– lifelong learning here is recognized as a way to improve on-service delivery. It shall enable graduates to demonstrate competence and effectiveness in specialized areas of ministry.
- To network with churches locally and internationally, communities, and other institutions developing effective intentional, theological programme(s) to meet the spiritual, moral, psychological needs of the people.