The College of Medicine (CoM) has received grant funding from the United States Government through its National Institutes of Health (NIH); Grant Ref: 1 R25 TW 011455 – 01 to support capacity building, education and training of health professionals in Malawi. The CoM will implement this grant through its Project CHEER. A position of one Post-doctoral fellowship exists within the institution. The post is available for an initial period of two (2 years) with the possibility of renewal for further periods of two years to be based at the Center of Bioethics for Eastern & Southern Africa (CEBESA),
Postdoctoral Fellowships are awarded to individuals holding a PhD. or equivalent degree to support individual and institutional academic (research, curriculum delivery and institutional change) goals. The fellowship contributes to the institution’s overall mission to support its bioethics enterprise and to ensure that the discipline continues to be a source of vibrant and significant work that furthers the CoM’s mission in teaching and learning, research and community engagement.
- Applications are invited from individuals who have a doctoral or equivalent terminal degree in Bioethics. Applications from those close to completing their doctorate or equivalent degree may also be considered; however, the fellowship cannot be offered until the degree is completed.
- Current fellows within the CoM or elsewhere must have completed all requirements of their existing fellowship, including submission of the final report before an application for a new fellowship can be accepted.
- If a postdoctoral fellowship is awarded, the applicant must agree to comply with the University of Malawi’s Postdoctoral Policy. The Policy can be obtained from the University’s websites or requested via email from: email@example.com;
- Submit applications preferably via email an application letter, motivation statement (one –page), a resume and copies of academic professional qualifications;
- Submit application dossier to:
The Academic Registrar
Attention: CHEER-HEPI Bioethics Postdoctoral Fellowship
College of Medicine
Private Bag 360, Chichiri,
Blantyre 3, Malawi
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: 2nd April 2020