The University of Zambia would like to inform all Staff and students that the e-learning platforms are now ready for access. In this regard, teaching and learning activities in all programmes and courses shall commence on Tuesday, 14th April 2020. Students are therefore being reminded that only those that are registered will be able to access the e-learning platforms.File
Following Government’s closure of all learning institutions due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, the University of Zambia Senate at its Special Meeting held on 18th March 2020, resolved to conduct all teaching and learning activities through e-learning platforms.
In this regard, the University of Zambia (UNZA) community is hereby informed that UNZA has rolled out a fully-fledged e-learning system for all University programmes using Moodle and Astria platforms.
Staff and students of the University of Zambia are informed that the e-learning platforms are now ready for access by both staff and students. In view of this development, students and staff of the university are informed that teaching and learning activities in all programmes and courses shall
commence on Tuesday, 14th April 2020. Students are therefore being reminded that only those that are registered will be able to access the e-learning platforms. It must be noted that as earlier communicated to, registration remains open and students are encouraged to pay their fees using the following methods:
(a) ZANACO using Bill Muster (Moodle).
(b) IDE and HSS Postgraduates must follow instructions on Astria.
The online teaching and learning activities will be facilitated as follows:
- The Institute of Distance Education (IDE) will continue using Astra E-learning for all programmes;
- The Graduate School of Business (GSB) will continue using Astria E-learning for all programmes;
- The School of Humanities and Social Sciences will use Astria ONLY for postgraduate
- The rest of the schools and units will use the Moodle platform for both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
It is important to note that all E-platforms are accessible through the University website: www.unza.zm.
To ensure universal access to internet for all students and staff, the University has engaged all Mobile Phone Service Providers to introduce special Internet access plans to reduce on costs
associated with internet use and access. More details on this initiative shall be shared in due course.
In a bid to ensure all staff are familiar with e-learning platforms, the university has arranged online trainings for staff and students who need extra training beyond what they already know. All such
staff and students are encouraged to access the training sessions through the e-learning platforms as the self taught materials are already on the platforms. This programme started running from 6th
April 2020 and shall end on the 10th April 2020. Continuous training will be encouraged to ensure that e-learning proceeds smoothly. Management is encouraging all students to acquaint themselves
with the programmes and courses before classes commence on Tuesday, 14th April, 2020. For all queries and assistance, schools have established support teams that can be accessed by email as follows:
School of Agricultural Sciences: Support.email@example.com
- School of Education: Support.firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Health Sciences: Support.email@example.com
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences: Support.firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Law: Support.email@example.com
- School of Medicine: Support.firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Mines: Support.email@example.com
- School of Natural Sciences: Support.firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Nursing: Support.email@example.com
- School of Public Health: Support.firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Veterinary Medicine: Support.email@example.com
- The Institute of Distance Education and the Graduate School of Business will continue
using the existing channels.
Please note that all students automatically have the University of Zambia email accounts as
- Email address: Computernumber@student.unza.zm
- Default Password (your computer number)
It must also be noted that all passwords have been reset as above to allow students that may have lost their passwords to reset. All students are reminded to reset the passwords once they log in for
the first time. In case of any trouble accessing the University of Zambia email system, students are advised to contact the support team in the respective schools as above. For further queries, please contact the Customer Service Centre on WhatsApp using the number