General Admission information
- Fully completed application form. Download application form below :
- Proof of payment of a non-refundable application fee.
- Certified copies of all academic certificates with official transcripts where applicable.
- Certified copy of your National Identification Document or valid Passport.
Basic Entry Requirements: Undergraduate Programmes
- At least 5 General Certificate of Education (G. C. E.) at Ordinary Level or equivalent with passes at C or better grades including English Language. Mathematics and Pure Science subjects for related degree programmes are a must.
- General Certificate of Education (G. C. E.) at Advanced Level or equivalent in at least 2 subjects in relevant areas of degrees of interest.
Basic Entry Requirements: Post – Graduate Programmes
- A good first degree in relevant area and appropriate two years post Bachelor professional experience.
International Student Entry Requirements
The information provided here is only a guideline and is not exhaustive. Should your country information not appear on this page, please contact the Africa University Admissions Office for more guidance as to whether the qualifications you possess are sufficient for your course of study.
Important Note: Students who are applying without Mathematics are required to take a Mathematics bridging course as part of their degree program. Failure to pass the Mathematics bridging course before the completion of the entire degree program will result in the student being unable to graduate. (Applicable to commercials, sciences and social sciences- Psychology and Sociology)
A Secondary School Leaving Certificate is sufficiet with a C grade average. For mathematical courses a pass at grade 14 or above in your final year of schooling satisfies the Mathematical requirement in the College of Business, Peace, Leadership and Governance.
English Language Requirements
Africa University is a multilingual campus community; however, all lectures and tools for assessment are in English.
Students from the following countries who have achieved a grade C or better (or its equivalent in their home countries) do not need to take any English proficiency tests or produce IELTS/TOEFEL certificates to be accepted for their chosen degree programs as English is a common medium of communication and instruction in their regions.
- South Africa
Those from predominantly French, Portuguese, Arab, Swahili and other languages native to their regions are required to enroll for the one-year Intensive English course at Africa University that teaches English for communication and academic purposes. Some of these countries include:
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Sierra Leone
- Ivory Coast
If you have taken an English course elsewhere, you will need to produce a certificate proving your proficiency/level of understanding of English or you may be given a short examination by the University to assess your ability to speak, understand and use English.
University bank details are as follows:
Account Name: Africa University
Bank: Stanbic Bank Zimbabwe Limited
Branch Name: Mutare
Branch Code: 3504
Account Number: 9140000847290
Account Name : Africa University
Bank: CBZ Bank
Branch Name: Mutare
Account Number: 01322704290011