General admission requirement
Students must meet the minimum requirements as determined by Nursing and Midwifery Council of Ghana and may also satisfy an interview panel in order to be admitted into the institution. The following entry qualification as set out by the Ministry of Health applies.
An aggregate score of thirty-six (36) or better comprising (A1-C6) in three (3) core subjects i.e. English, Mathematics and Integrated Science and in three (3) elective subjects (A1-C6) in any of the following programmes itemised below:
An aggregate score of twenty-four (24) or better comprising (A-D) in three (3) core subjects i.e. English, Mathematics and Integrated Science and in three (3) elective subjects (A-D) in any of the following programmes itemised below: (A combination of SSSCE and WASSCE results are not acceptable)
Accepted subject combinations
|NO.||ELECTIVE PROGRAMMES||ELECTIVE SUBJECT|
|a.||Science Option||Mathematics (Elective)PhysicsChemistryBiology|
|b.||General Arts Option||Literature in EnglishFrenchGhanaian LanguageChristian Religious Studies Or Islamic Religious StudiesEconomicsGeographyHistoryGovernmentMathematics (Elective)General knowledge in Arts|
|c.||Agriculture Programme Option||General AgricultureChemistryPhysicsMathematicsFrench|
|d.||Home Economics Option||Management in LivingFood and NutritionEconomicsChemistryFrenchGeneral Knowledge in Art|
- Every applicant shall submit an application form on the prescribed forms obtainable from ABOT College of Health Sciences and Technology Admissions Office and any other designated place.
- Completed application forms shall be submitted personally to the College, online, or through a courier service as would be indicated on the application form. The form should be accompanied with four passport sized photographs, certified copies of certificates and testimonial from previous institution.
- The deadline for the submission of application forms is advertised in electronic, print media and the website.
- All materials submitted in the process of making application become the property of the College and will not be returned to the applicant.
Selection of Candidates for Admission
The final decision on the suitability of candidates for admission to the programme resides exclusively with the Admission Board.
Student academic progression and graduation
Admitted students will go through a programme of study spanning a minimum period of six semesters, during which the student will be required to complete the stipulated credits.
Foreign students may be considered for admission if they hold qualifications equivalent to those stated above, provided they are proficient in English Language. Application for admission may be submitted by mail, by fax, online, or in person. The admission form is available on the Web at abotcollege.edu.gh. Additional details can be found in the student handbook.
Kumasi Abot College of Health Sciences and Technology 2021/2022 Admission Requirements, applications will be invited from qualified candidates for entry into any of the Health Training Institutions in Ghana from February 2020
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR NURSING PROGRAMMES
Fomena Community Health Nurses Training School 2021/2022 Entry Requirements.
- Community Health Nursing (CHN)
- Health Assistant Clinical (HAC)