Senior Secondary School Certificate Examinations (SSSCE), West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) and General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE)
The general requirements for admission of WASSCE, SSSCE and GBCE candidates to first degree programmes are three (3) credit passes in three core subjects and three (3) credit passes in three relevant elective subjects.
- SSSCE Candidates: Credit Passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- WASSCE Candidates: Credit Passes (A1-C6) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- GBCE Candidates: Credit Passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects including English Language and Mathematics plus three (3) relevant elective subjects
General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level Candidates
Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject (for Science students).
Admission of Higher National Diploma (HND) Candidates to First Degree Programmes
Applicant must have graduated with a good HND certificate (i.e. at least 2nd Class Lower Division). In addition, the applicant must have acquired a 2-year post-HND qualification working experience. Other Diploma qualifications from elsewhere assessed to be equivalent to HND may be similarly considered.
Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Candidates
Full Diploma Certificate in ABCE. Also, the applicant must have had credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE) or Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) or West African Senior Secondary School Certificate Examinations (WASSCE). ABCE candidates may be considered for admission at level 200 of a degree programme.
Mature Students’ Entry
Mature students’ entry avenues to tertiary education provide opportunities for people who could not do so earlier in their lives to further their education at the tertiary level after some years in the workplace.
- The applicant must be at least 25 years old, and show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which is at least 5 years old at the time of application;
- The applicant must pass Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by the institution itself (English Language, Mathematics); In lieu of such examinations, the applicant should show proof of credit passes in English Language and Mathematics in WASSCE or any other nationally recognised standard High School level examinations (for qualifications from countries outside WAEC’s aegis).
Professional, Foreign and Other Entry Qualifications
All professional and foreign certificates and any other qualifications beyond the ones specified above must be referred to the National Accreditation Board for the establishment of their equivalencies, to determine their eligibility for admission.
There are two main application process as follows;
1. Online automated Application
To apply online, applicants need to obtain a PIN and Serial Number to be able to access the online admission system. Click to get admission PIN.
Payment avenues for the purchase of the PIN and Serial Number are; Visa Debit cards, MasterCard and Mobile Money Wallet(Ghana only).
With the PIN and Serial Number, applicants can Click here to log in and start completing the online form.
2. Manual Application
The manual application can be submitted by post, email or in-person. You can either purchase the hard copy application form at HCC campus, Amasaman or visit the Nsawam Road Church of Christ. Payment for the hard copy is expected at the time of the acquistion. The completed application form, with all necessary documents can be submitted at HCC campus.
You can also Click here to download the soft copy of the application form. There are two versions of the soft copy, fillable and Non-fillable forms. The completed form along with all necessary documents must be sent via e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. For your e-mailed form to be processed you must pay for the application form and submit your proof of payment.
NB: The cost of application is GHS100 for Ghanaian students and $100 for international students. Once you are done with payment, the PIN and Serial Number will be issued to you
Click here to contact us if you require any assistance.