The university was initially based in St Leonard’s Gate in the city centre, before moving in 1968 to a purpose-built 300 acres (120 ha) campus at Bailrigg, 4 km (2.5 mi) to the south. The campus buildings are arranged around a central walkway known as the Spine, which is connected to a central plaza, named Alexandra Square in honour of its first chancellor, Princess Alexandra.
Ghana campus is a branch campus of Lancaster University, UK. Since it’s conception in 2013, the number of students has grown from 67 to over 500.There are so many benefits of enrolling in a branch campus of a foreign university.
Ghana campus offers the exact same degree to the degrees offered at our Lancaster University main campus in the UK. What this means is that you will be awarded the same qualifications – as if you were studying at the main campus.
Lancaster University Ghana Academic Programmes
The Lancaster University Ghana, LUG offers a number of academic programs at Diploma, Undergraduate and Postgraduate Levels. Please click the links below to view a detailed list of courses in the respective categories.
Certificate and Diploma
The Lancaster University Ghana, LUG of offers Diploma and Certificate programs that help prepare students for higher education and also advance their careers. They are usually under certain departments and short in length since they are intended to cover specific areas. Follow the links to the respective websites to learn more about each program.
The Lancaster University Ghana, LUG offers a number of Bachelors’s Degree Programmes. They are listed below under their respective academic units. Follow the links to the respective websites to learn more about each program.
Admission to the foundation programme will be based on:
West African Curriculum:
– Grade C minimum in the best 5 subjects of the WASSCE with a minimum of C4 in Math and C6 in English
– English Proficiency Test results (either IELTS,PTE) compulsory
– SAT when necessary
– Successful completion of ‘AS’ Level with five credits at ‘O’ Level (IGCSE/GCSE/Olevels- minimum of grade C in Maths and English)
– Successful completion of IB year 1 with five credits at ‘O’ Level (IGCSE/GCSE/Olevels- minimum of grade C in Maths and English)
– Successful completion of French IB year 1
– English Proficiency Test results (either IELTS,PTE/Pearson) compulsory
– Overall IELTS score of 5.5 (each component should be a minimum of 5.0) or PTE/Pearson score of 59 (each component should be a minimum of 47)
– Minimum of 17years
Admission to the first year of each undergraduate degree programme will be based on either:
– Three GCE Advanced Levels (Grade C or above) with five credits at ‘O’ Level (IGCSE/GCSE/Olevels-minimum of grade C in Maths and English)
– Overall score of 27 points with 16 points from the best three HL subjects in the International Baccalaureate with five credits at ‘O’ Level (IGCSE/GCSE/Olevels-minimum of grade C in Maths and English)
– Students achieving a pass (50% or above) in the Foundation Year at the Lancaster University site in Accra or equivalent standard in another Foundation Programme approved by Lancaster University
IB French System :
– Overall marks of 9 in the total average score (with a 6.5 IELTS score with a min of 5.5 score in each component)
Option International Baccalaureate (OIB) :
– Overall marks of 8.5 in the total average score. (with a 6.5 IELTS score and a min of 5.5 score in each component)
– Minimum of 18 years
Executive MBA requirements
You will require all the following to be considered for the Executive MBA programme:
– A good first degree (typically second class honours or above) from a recognised university or equivalent professional qualification
– At least five years’ full-time professional/managerial work experience after graduating
– A well-balanced GMAT score* of at least 600 (including a good AWA score) if your degree was obtained from a non-UK university
– Two good references, one from your current employer (normally your immediate line manager) and one from someone who is able to judge your academic ability
– A satisfactory interview with a member of the programme’s admissions team You will also need to include with your application a copy of your degree certificate or transcript, and a CV, plus relevant English language test certificates, IELTS 7.0 or TOEFL iBT 100
Admissions into Lancaster University Ghana is a highly selective process which is based on the information provided during the application process.