Perez University College is a preferred destination for seekers of higher education. Like other universities, it offers you an opportunity to pursue your higher learning in a serene environment. Getting a chance to build your career in the best place is important. For anybody to acquire the right kind of education, the choice of school has to be the best. Quality education depends on the facilities, information dissemination, staff, and the level of commitment of the institution. In consideration of these factors, Perez University works harder to ensure it delivers the best to its students and improves the society in general.
2021 – 2022 Admission Forms For Perez University College
- MINIMUM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The University College will admit students based on the following National Accreditation Board’s acceptable minimum entry requirements into a tertiary programme in tertiary educational institutions in Ghana:
- West African Examinations Council (WAEC) Examinations Category
These are the standard nationally recognized examinations for academic progression into tertiary educational institutions in Ghana:
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) – Grade D or better in three (3) core subjects, of English, Mathematics and Science; AND Grade D or better in three (3) elective subjects.
- West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) – Grade C6 or better in three (3) core subjects including Integrated or Social Science, English and Mathematics (Core);AND Grade C6 or better in three (3) elective subjects.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level – Passes in three (3) subjects Grade D or better and passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject for Science students.
- Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) – Passes in three (3) subjects (at least one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in the Advance Business Certificate Examination (ABCE).
- Mature Students’ Entry
Mature students’ entry avenues to tertiary education provide opportunities for people who could not do so earlier in their lives to further their education at the tertiary level after some years in the workplace (preferably, the formal workplace).
Such applicants should normally not exceed 5% (for Public Tertiary Educational Institutions) and 20% (for Private Tertiary Educational Institutions) of the total admissions of an institution in a given academic year. The applicant must:
- Be at least 25 years old;
- Show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of birth date, which is at least five (5) years old at the time of application;
- Provide introductory letter from employer or show any other proof of employment;
- Pass Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by the institution itself (English Language, Mathematics and an Aptitude Test).
In lieu of such examinations, the applicant should show proof of credit passes in English and Mathematics in WASSCE, SSSCE or any other nationally recognized standard High School level examinations (for qualifications from countries outside WAEC’s aegis.
- Foreign Qualifications
All foreign qualifications will be referred to the National Accreditation Board (NAB) for determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission to tertiary institutions in Ghana (National Accreditation Board Act, 2007 [Act 744 (2(2b)]). Note should be taken, however, that the American SAT, TOEFL, and other foreign qualifications cannot in themselves be acceptable as entry qualifications into Ghanaian tertiary educational institutions.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) Qualifications
The institution is willing to admit HND holders to undergraduate programmes. The applicant must have graduated with a good HND certificate (i.e. at least 2nd Class Lower Division).
In addition, the applicant must have acquired a 2-year-post-HND qualification working experience. Since the Institutions is under mentorship, it would follow the Mentor Institutions’ practice with regard to entry levels for HND applicants.
Other diploma qualifications from elsewhere assessed and found to be equivalent to HND may be similarly considered.
- Professional and Other Entry Qualifications
All professional certificates and any other qualifications beyond the ones specified above must be referred to the National Accreditation Board for the establishment of their equivalences, to determine their eligibility for admission to tertiary education institutions-universities, university colleges, polytechnics, etc.
ADMISSION CRITERIA FOR INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
All international applicants must hold equivalent qualifications as described above in addition to a proof of proficiency in English language for applicants who received academic instructions in languages other than English (shown on the application forms of the PEREZ UNIVERSITY COLLEGE).
Certificates would be sent for vetting with the appropriate state authorities including but not limited to West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) and National Accreditation Board (NAB) to determine suitability for tertiary admission and study.