Students are admitted into the Seminary on the recommendation of their Bishops or Religious Superiors. In addition, a student must qualify for the Degree Programme prior to his admission into the seminary.
The admission office of the University of Ibadan to which we are affiliated for the Bachelor of Arts Degree in Philosophy, in conjunction with the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) have insisted on the maintenance of admission requirement for the degree in Philosophy. The following are the requirements for admission into the Seminary of SS Peter and Paul, Bodija, Ibadan.
1. School certificate (WAEC or NECO or its equivalent) with at least five (5) credits including English, Mathematics and Christian Religious Studies inclusive in a single sitting and six (6) credits including English language, Mathematics and Christian Religious Studies in two (2) sittings. NABTEB certificate is not considered for admission into the University of Ibadan.
2. Subject combination required for U.I. UTME (JAMB) qualification include English language, Christian Religious Studies and two other subjects of the candidate’s choice from either Arts, Social Sciences, or Science. Candidates can choose either Biology or Agricultural Science as subjects for the UTME but not both as these two subjects are considered the same material by the University of Ibadan.
3. Genuine and not forged results.
4. Certification of the reception of the Sacraments of initiation (Baptism, Eucharist and Confirmation). This will necessitate the screening of the copies of candidates’ baptismal cards. Each candidate is to come with a new copy of their original baptismal card.
- Students coming in through Direct Entry are not to collect UTME D.E. Form since their admission for Philosophy degree is usually deferred to the second year.
6. Students coming in through Direct Entry are to note that the University of Ibadan no longer accepts National Diploma (ND) and Higher National Diploma (HND) certificates for Direct Entry into any Degree Programme. The University of Ibadan accepts only University Degree certificates and College of Education Certificates.
7. For students coming in directly for Theology: in addition to their School Certificate and Baptismal card, they must produce authentic copies of their transcripts indicating all the courses they have studied and their degree or other higher institution certificates or results. They must produce their Psychological report, Medical report, Pastoral Report and Report from the last Seminary or Institute attended.
Seminarians accepted to the B.A. degree programme participate in the matriculation ceremony of the University of Ibadan, which takes place on the Seminary premises.
N2,500.00 per copy is charged for all official copies of transcripts of grades or certification of graduation.
A student is admitted on the assumption that he will remain for the entire duration of seminary training. When a student voluntarily withdraws before his training is completed due to serious illness or as a result of other contingent reasons, a written notice of the intention to withdraw is made available to and approved by the Rector.
Involuntary withdrawals resulting from either suspension, expulsion or as a result of other disciplinary actions, will result in forfeiture of all benefits and privileges as a seminarian.