he Authority of Spiritan University College has publicized the Entry Requirement AKA Admission Requirement for prospective candidates that seek admission into the institution for the 2020/2021 academic year.
These requirements are for various programmes offered in the institution, it serves as a guide in the application process. All interested applicants are to read through carefully making sure that they fulfil the requirements before putting in an application.
Spiritan University College Admission Requirements
Admission requirements are in line with the standard approved by the National Accreditation Board, our mentor University, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) and acquired at not more than two sittings.
The requirements are:
- SSSCE HOLDERS:
Candidates must have six credits (A-D) in three Core subjects (Core English, Core Mathematics, and Integrated Science or Social Studies) plus credits (A-D) in three Elective Subjects with an aggregate of 24 or better.
2. WASSCE HOLDERS:
Candidates must have six credits (A1-C6) in three Core subjects (Core English, Core Mathematics, and Integrated Science or Social Studies) plus credits (A1-C6) in three Elective Subjects with an aggregate of 36 or better.
3. G.C.E “O”LEVEL APPLICANTS:
Candidates must be holders of General Certificate Examination Ordinary Level with five (5) credits including English and Mathematics plus Three (3) passes in Advanced Level including General Paper.
Candidates must fulfill the above basic requirements plus a Diploma from a reputable institution in a discipline other than Philosophy and Religious Studies with a cumulative point of 3.0 or better. He/she will be admitted to level 200.
Candidates will be admitted if they have qualifications equivalent to those mentioned above. Those from non-English speaking countries must show evidence of proficiency in English.-Advertisements-
All Options in Business Administration
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSc) IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (OPTIONS)
- Banking and Finance
- Human Resources Management
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSc) PROGRAMMES
- Economics and Finance
- Finance and Management
Full-Time –Time Programmes (Day, Evening or Weekend)
Entry Requirements for admission into Level 100
- SSSCE/WASSSCE Holders: A candidate who wishes to apply for admission to a degree programme in either the BSc. or BSc in administration must have credits in three (3) Core Subjects (i.e. English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science or Social Studies), plus credits in three WASSSCE/SSSCE Elective Subjects in General Arts, General Science or Business.
- GBCE/ABCE Level Holders: Applicants holding passes in three (3) core and three (3) elective subjects in General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE), or passes in three (3) core and three (3) elective subjects in Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) plus passes in three core subjects at WASSSCE/SSSCE as indicated under (i) above. Candidates with GBCE will also be considered for admission if they have five (5) credits including English and Mathematics plus three (3) passes in Advanced Level.
- Professional Certificate Holders: Applicants holding Stage 1 of ACCA, or ICA, or Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA), Associate of Chartered Institute of Bankers ACIB), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), must also have passes at WASSSCE/SSSCE in three core subjects, as indicated under item (i) above.
- Mature Applicants: Candidate applying as mature applicants must be at least 25 years with passes in the core subjects, i.e. English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies plus three elective subjects at the SSSCE/WASSSCE, or credits in Five GCE ‘O’ Level Subjects including English Language and Mathematics. Short-listed applicants shall take an Entrance Examination and pass an interview.
- Foreign Students: Foreign students or non-Ghanaian applicants will be admitted to either the BSc. or BSc in Business Administration programmes if they possess same qualifications or qualifications equivalent to those aforementioned. Those from non-English speaking countries will be required to show evidence of proficiency in English.
Entry Requirements for admission into Level 200
- Higher National Diploma Holders: Holders of higher national diploma in programmes other than HND Accountancy shall be admitted to Level 200 on the BSc Accounting programme.
Entry Requirements for admission into Level 300-Advertisements-
Higher National Diploma Holders: Holders of higher national diploma (HND in Accountancy (first or second class upper/lower division) shall be admitted to Level 300 on the BSc Accounting programme. Those with HND qualifications lower than the above may be considered for admission into level 200.