Call For Applications – Effective Project Planning and Evaluation (EPPE) In Health Research Course
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The African Regional Training Center supported by WHO/TDR is pleased to invite applications from suitably qualified and highly motivated teams to apply for the Effective Project Planning and Evaluation (EPPE) in Health Research Course, from the 9th to 11th August, 2021 at University of Ghana, Legon.
The Effective Project Planning and Evaluation course was developed by WHO/TDR Research Capacity Strengthening unit and has been pilot tested in various countries including Nigeria, Tanzania, Colombia, etc.. This year, the African Regional Training Centre, with support from World Health Organization (WHO) Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases (TDR), will be offering the EPPE course in Ghana for the 4th time to establish local capacity for continuing the dissemination of the EPPE methodology across Africa.
The EPPE course seeks to strengthen the skills of investigators and health professionals in the areas of planning, organizing, managing and evaluating their research projects, thereby ensuring successful implementation, effective collaborations and increased competitiveness for international funding. In order to achieve these expected goals, the EPPE course adopts a practical approach to teaching, where participating groups apply the EPPE methodology to their own projects. Course participants define the purpose and scope of their project, develop a work plan and establish parameters for communication, which facilitate the implementation as well as M&E.
The course aims to provide health researchers and project managers with simple tools to help them best organize and manage their projects. During the course duration, participants work in groups on their own projects 80% of the time following a step-by-step approach. Participants are also exposed to key project planning and evaluation that can be applied to their projects.
After completing the course, participants will be able to:
- Clearly define the project
- Identify specific measurable objectives
- Develop a realistic work plan to reach the objectives (including activities to be completed, timelines and responsible persons, budget etc.)
- Define the project team members, their experience and detailed responsibilities
- Develop a structure for teamwork allowing for effective communication and project implementation,
The course is made up of 5 modules. These are:
- Good Research Practices
- Value of planning
- Defining purpose and scope
The course will be taught by seasoned and experienced facilitators from Ghana.
The workshop targets health researchers and project management teams who have project proposals. Interested participants must be in groups with a minimum of three and a maximum of four persons.
Application Procedure and Guidance
Persons who wish to take part in this course should submit their application forms to email@example.com and the SUBJECT of the email should be EPPE APPLICATION AUGUST 2021.
Applicants must submit the following:
1. Completed Application form (Project PI can complete the form on behalf of the team)
2. Most recent C.V. of all group members
3. A short write up on their project.
* The Deadline for the submission of application forms is 02nd July, 2021, 5pm (GMT).
* Notification to successful applicants is on the 13th July, 2021, 5pm (GMT).
* Acceptance letters by applicants should be sent latest by 27th July 2021, 5pm (GMT).
For more information, please contact: * Email: firstname.lastname@example.org