NEW MODALITIES FOR ADMISSION OF STUDENTS – ACADEMIC YEAR 2021/2022
The University of Mauritius (UoM) wishes to inform the general public that new modalities have been implemented for the admission of new students in the Academic Year 2021/2022, due to changes in the calendar of activities caused by COVID 19.
Applicants are invited to apply for UoM programmes online on the basis of their Secondary School December 2020 Mock HSC Examination Results which have been advertised on the University website on http://www.uom.ac.mu.
The new features of the admission process and important dates to remember
• Open days will not be held and special helpdesk at each Faculty/Centre and at the Admissions and Student Records Office of the University will welcome and guide prospective applicants on the new modalities.
• The online application system will be open up to Thursday 22 April 2021. The deadline for payment of application fees is Monday 26 April 2021.
• Applicants who do not have their HSC results will be able to apply by uploading their December 2020 Mock HSC Examination Results slip, SC results, their Birth Certificate, National ID, one photograph online. The December 2020 Mock HSC Examination Results should be obtained from the secondary school.
• Applicants can apply for three (3) choices of programmes in order of priority.
• Selected candidates will be issued a provisional offer of a seat as from June 2021.
• During the provisional registration exercise, UoM will verify receipts for payment of application fees, accuracy of data against originals of documents uploaded online i.e. the December 2020 Mock HSC Examination Results, SC results, Birth Certificates, National IDs and other relevant documents.
• After the release of the official HSC results, the Online Application System will be reopen to allow all applicants to update/add only their HSC results and upload the HSC transcript online. No changes will be allowed to other fields of information entered at the application stage.
• Based on the updated HSC results: (1) firm offers of a seat will be made to candidates who are selected; (2) candidates who had previously not obtained a provisional offer and who are now in the ranked list for programmes they have applied for will be offered a seat; (3) offer of seats will be withdrawn from candidates who are not in the selected list.
• Registration will be finalised based on statements of results submitted online.
• The Academic Year 2021/2022 will start on 11 October 2021
Applicants who would be able to demonstrate to the University that they did not submit an application (because they were not eligible based on their December 2020 Mock HSC examination Results when the Online Application System was open), will be allowed to submit an application to the UoM after official HSC results will be available in September 2021.
Further information and important guidelines will be communicated to the public on the UoM website and its social media accounts.