Applicants for this master’s programme need to complete an application form as well as submit all required documents.
The application deadline is 14 February.
Admittance to the MHPE is based on the following requirements and decided upon by the board of admission. The applicant must have:-
- a Bachelor or Master of Science degree in a medical or health profession (see relevant domains on this site) from a university under the condition that the bachelor programme is at least a three-year equivalent of nominal study time (180 ECTS)
- a Bachelor degree from a Dutch Professional Educational Programme (HBO) of foreign University of Applied Sciences in a medical or health profession (see relevant domains on this site), under the condition that the relevant programme runs for at least four years equivalent of nominal study time (240 ECTS). These applicants must also obtain passing scores for the entrance exam in basic statistics.
- Sufficient command of the English language is required. Please also see ‘language requirements’ on this site.
|Relevant domains University||Relevant domains University of Applied Sciences|
|Biomedical Sciences||Cesar Therapy|
|European Public Health||Health Care Technology|
|Health and Life||Management in Health Care|
|Health and Society||Medical Biological Radio Therapy|
|Health Sciences||Mensendieck Physiotherapy|
|Molecular Life Sciences||Nursing|
|Movement Sciences||Occupational Therapy|
|Sport, Health and Management|
|Teacher Health Care and Well-being|
No additional evidence of sufficient command of the English language is required from applicants who:
• Are native speakers of the English language.
• Have successfully completed a Bachelor or Master of Science at a Dutch or Flemish university or professional education programme.
• Have successfully completed a Bachelor or Master of Science at a university or professional education programme in one of the following countries: Australia, Austria, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America.
All other non-native speaking applicants should enclose a copy of an IELTS test (International English Language Testing System (IELTS), TOEFL Test (Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL IBT Test), or Cambridge test that is no older than 5 years at the start of the programme.
• Applicants must submit an average IELTS score of at least 6.5 or higher and the score on each component (listening, reading, writing, and speaking) should be equal to 6 or higher.
• The total TOEFL score should be at least 90 (out of 120) and a minimum of 20 for each component (listening, reading, writing, and speaking) is required.
• The Cambridge test score should be: CAE, grade C.
Applicants are eligible for exemption, if English is their native tongue, if English language skills were tested before, or if they meet the above mentioned requirements.
When applying for the Master of Science in Health Professions (MHPE) programme, you need to submit the following documents:
- Application Form
- Copy of your passport (identification page)
- Copy of TOEFL or IELTS score
- One passport-sized photograph
- Certified* photocopies of higher education diplomas (NB also see International Credential Evaluation on this site)
- Copy of proof of support by donor organisation/employer
- Motivation letter explaining why you want to participate in the MHPE programme
*Certified copies need to be signed by a formal person from the institute you received the Higher Education diploma from. It should be bearing a seal or stamp from the head or registrar and a signature with the name an title of this person). If you cannot arrange the above than you should certify the diploma by an official person like a notary, someone from the embassy or town hall. Again the diploma needs to have a seal or stamp with a signature and name of this person.
Although the school has substantial understanding of the values and equivalence of a great number of diplomas issued from universities around the globe, it is not possible for us to judge the credentials of all universities and diplomas worldwide.
If the equivalence of your diploma is not clear to us, we will ask you to provide an international credential evaluation statement issued by the centre(s) of expertise for international credential evaluation.
A credential evaluation is a written statement which indicates how foreign diplomas and study programmes are evaluated in the Netherlands. There are two centres that issue this validation: SBB and Nuffic. They will issue written statements supporting the credential evaluation of your diploma.
The Information Centre for Credential Evaluation (IDW) acts as a central desk you can contact by phone or e-mail for questions, and where applications for credential evaluation can be submitted by post. If an official credential evaluation is necessary for your diploma, we will inform you as soon as possible. Please read the instructions for requesting a credential evaluation very carefully in order to avoid unnecessary costs and disappointment.
Please note the processing time as stated on the IDW website and make sure that you submit your request for the credential evaluation on time. Once the IDW has received your payment, the file is complete and all required documents have been submitted, the processing procedure will begin. The statements above are only advisory, and no rights can be derived from them. The university and the centres of expertise cannot be held liable for any damages resulting from decisions by third parties on the basis of a credential evaluation.
The credential evaluation statement must be sent together with the rest of the application requirements to the MHPE office via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org before 14 February . Without a credential evaluation statement your application will be considered incomplete and will therefore not be reviewed by the Board of Admissions. Please note that the statement is issued only in the Dutch language.
Complete the MHPE-S application form and return it together with all required supporting documents digitally and by post to:-
Master of Health Professions Education Singapore (MHPE-S)
Academy of Medicine, Singapore
81 Kim Keat Road, #12-00, NKF Centre, Singapore 328836
- Academy of Medicine, Singapore and Maastricht University will assess your application and decide on your admission.
- Upon selection, we will send your name and email address to Maastricht University. Maastricht University will send you the manual for account creation to fill up your personal particulars (Part A) and also to upload the MHPE application form (Part B) together with supporting documents via Maastricht University online portal. You will need to register for the MHPE-S programme via Studielink.
- You will receive a letter to inform you whether you are admitted, conditionally admitted (e.g. in case a document is still missing) or not admitted.
- If you are selected as a candidate for the programme, you will receive a provisional acceptance letter. Students are granted final admission upon receipt of the first payment of tuition fees (annual fees are to be paid in two instalments).
You may choose to complete the following application form and submit it with a non-refundable application fee of $53.50 (inclusive of 7% GST) to:
Academy of Medicine, Singapore
81 Kim Keat Road
#11-00 NKF Centre
Attn : Membership
OR Apply Online via our e-MAP (electronic Membership Application and Processing) with a non-refundable application fee of $42.80 (inclusive of 7% GST).
** Certified True Copies of your certificates are required if they are not listed on the Singapore Medical Council / Singapore Dental Council website
Upon approval of your application, you will be informed of the membership fee payable.