The Kennedy Institute is a world-leading research institute that carries out basic and translational research into immune function and inflammatory disease including immune-mediated inflammatory disease (including Rheumatoid Arthritis and Inflammatory Bowel Disease), mechano-inflammatory disease (including osteoarthritis and tendinopathy), cancer, biophysics, infection, microbiome, metabolism, aging, computational biology, heart disease, and tissue healing.
We have developed a fully funded AfOx Kennedy Trust Prize Studentship to build links between African Universities and Institutes and the Kennedy Institute. Afox is a cross-university platform based at the University of Oxford with the aim of facilitating equitable and sustainable collaborations between researchers at the University of Oxford and African Universities.
The Trust Prize Studentship is to build links between African Universities and Institutes and the Kennedy Institute. AfOx is a cross-university platform based at the University of Oxford with the aim of facilitating collaborations between researchers at the University of Oxford and African Universities.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Kennedy Institute, University of Oxford
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): Kennedy Institute, University of Oxford
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate
AfOx Kennedy Trust Prize Studentship 2023 | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for this studentship, the applicant must meet the following conditions:
- Must have obtained a relevant bachelor’s degree from a recognized university to be able to participate in medical research.
- Must demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
- Research or working experience in any field may be an advantage.
- Stipend funding for 4 years (>£22,000 per annum), all tuition fees (UK/ROI & Overseas tuition), including funding for laboratory expenses, training, and conference travel.
- Additional travel funds for the return flight to Africa yearly.
- Close links and supervisory relationships with institutions in Africa.
- Mentoring program run by AfOx.
- Social activities are run by AfOx so you interact with the African student community at Oxford.
- Close partnership with colleges linked to the AfOx program.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the 2023/24 AfOx Kennedy Trust Prize Studentship are to apply online while the application window is still open.
Application Deadline: Not specified