Applications for all master’s degree programmes for the August 2023 intake are currently open until 30th April 2023.
Applications for MPhil and PhD programmes are continuous. Prospective MPhil/PhD applicants can make their application below.
How to apply for admission
Make sure the following documents are readily available
- Copy of Application fee receipt
(Prospective applicants are encouraged to pay their Application Fee online (https://www.ub.bw/ubpayments) or at the Banks
- Certified copy of Degree Certificate (s)
- Certified Copy of Transcript
- Two copies of completed Professional/Academic References
- Certified copy of National Identity Card (Omang for citizens) and Passport for international applicants
- Personal Statement of Intent for Masters and Proposal/Research Plan for MPhil/PhD
- A copy of the current practising certificate by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Botswana or the country of origin.
- Copy of proof of a change of surname (where applicable) N.B. All former UB students who have changed their surnames should use surnames they used while they were students at UB so that the system will easily map their student ID to their surname and to their previous record. The new surname could be captured through SGS offices once the applicant has been admitted.
An e-mail address is required for one to apply online
Completing your Application
- In order to apply online please follow the Graduate Online Application – Step by Step guide before completing an application
- Make your online application here
Each applicant can submit two applications. Each application should have its own separate application fee, or else one of them will be rejected.
Tracking your Application
- Once you have applied and have received the acknowledgement letter, you may use the login details on such a letter to track the process of your application.
- Applicants may make changes to their application any time before the closing date for applications, but that can only be through the School of Graduate Studies Admissions Office.
Applications will be processed to determine eligibility, the outcome of which will be communicated to the applicants accordingly.
Applicants should ensure that they provide correct personal e-mail addresses and cell phone numbers as the outcome of their applications will be communicated through such media.
For any enquiries, kindly contact the School of Graduate Studies Admissions office at telephone numbers (00267) – 3552960/2861/4712/4690/2862; or email: email@example.com