Application for Undergraduate Admission in August 2023
All prospective applicants are informed that applications for undergraduate study programmes for the August 2023 intake will continue to be open until 30th June 2023.
All the University of Botswana undergraduate study programmes are registered with the Botswana Qualifications Authority (BQA).
Former undergraduate students, who have been away from the University for less than 10 semesters (five academic years), are invited to apply too. This includes former students who previously withdrew with/without due notice; failed and discontinued/excluded; enrolment terminated; and have been away from the University for at least one semester.
Prospective applicants are expected to make their applications online through the STUDY link. A guide in the form of a booklet, entitled ONLINE APPLICATION: A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE, on how to complete an application online is provided through the STUDY link.
The application materials are available as Application Package.
Applicants with Disability
The University of Botswana welcomes applicants with disability and considers their applications on academic merit like all other applicants. Applicants are expected to state whether they have any disability or not when they apply. Those with a disability may contact the University’s Disability Support Services Unit at the following telephone numbers: (+267) 355 2768/4183/4990/4991 to explain the nature of their disability. The declaration of such information helps the University in assessing the learning needs of every applicant. The University of Botswana will, at all times, preserve the confidentiality of information about every prospect or student.
Prospective applicants are encouraged to pay their Application Fee online through the link https://www.ub.bw/ubpayments or at the Banks and should write their full names and IDs as references on the deposit slip.
Applicants may make changes to their study choices through a letter to:
Private Bag 0022,
Applicants who meet the set programme entry requirements will be admitted based on academic merit, depending on the availability of space. Meeting the minimum entry requirements, therefore, does not guarantee admission.
Applications for August 2023 entry for both local and international prospects will close on 30th June 2023.
For any enquiries, kindly contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Main Campus in Gaborone at the following:
Tel: +267 355 2912/2931/4625/2183/2047
How to apply for admission
- Make sure the following documents are readily available:
- Application fee receipt (pay a non-refundable Application Fee listed under Schedule of Fees, View Schedule of Fees which is payable into the UB bank accounts listed under Financial Procedures or UB Cash Office)
- Certified copy of the Senior Secondary School Certificate or Statement of Results (School Leavers)
- Certified copies of Transcript(s) and or Certificate(s) for those applying for Upper Levels, Transfers and Re-Admission
- Certified copy of National Identity Card (Omang) / Passport (Omang for citizens)
Completing your Application
- Before you complete an application, please go over the Application Package
- In order to apply online please follow the Step-by-Step Guide in the Application Package
- An e-mail address is required for one to apply online
- Make your ONLINE APPLICATION HERE
Tracking your Application
- Once you have applied and have received the acknowledgement letter, you may use the login details on such a letter to track the process of your application. To do that navigate to the login screen and log in using the details given on the acknowledgement letter. Navigate by clicking Main Menu, then Student Admissions, then Self Service and Student Centre.
- Applicants may make changes to their study choice anytime before the closing date for applications, but that has to be done through the Undergraduate Admissions, Recruitment and Liason office.