Botho University Lesotho portals
How to apply
1. Applying to Botho University
Before applying to Botho University, students are encouraged to take time out to familiarise themselves with all the programmes on offer. Applicants must meet all the relevant minimum requirements for the programe of study they wish to study. It is also important for applicants to assess whether the programe they choose interests them and that they want to make a career out of it. Our friendly Admission Team Counselors will provide all the information needed about our programs and also assist applicants to make an informed choice.
2. What are the eligibility requirements for application?
Admission to an undergraduate degree programe at Botho University is based on the following:
1) Applicants are expected to have successfully completed secondary schooling. The typical
entry requirement is BGCSE, IGCSE or other equivalent secondary school qualification. BGCSE and IGCSE candidates are required to achieve a minimum grade of ‘D’ or above in 5 subjects.
2) For all undergraduate programmes: Applicants must have ten points in English and Mathematics combined OR 32 points in the top 5 subjects.
3) All DL Students are expected to have access to a computer with internet connectivity and MUST possess the basic computer operating skills (use of internet and email).
4) Specific programmes may have additional entry requirements.
3. How to calculate points
The admission point system is used to measure your academic achievement based on your school-leaving results. Your school-leaving subject grades or percentages are converted into points as per the table below and based on qualification you wrote. These points are added up to arrive at the number of points you have obtained.
4. Important points to remember when applying
- All Campus Learning Students must apply either in person or using the online application form.Certified copies of all relevant documents will be required.
- All Distance Learning Students must apply using the Distance Learning Application Form
- Please read carefully the Fee Structure and Policy here