Centre For Accounting Studies Prospectus
The Centre for Accounting Studies, CAS Admission Requirements: 2021/2022 for all the courses at the undergraduate, diploma and postgraduate level is updated every year.
Therefore, this article contains the full list of all the undergraduate and Postgraduate courses coupled with their general requirements.
For admission into programmes of study at the Centre for Accounting Studies, CAS for any first degree or second degree, an applicant must have the following requirements for successful admission.
CENTRE FOR ACCOUNTING STUDIES UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
General Admission Requirements
Work through the admission requirements for each level of qualification (eg diploma and higher certificate) to determine whether you will be able to apply for a lower-level qualification related to your interests. Remember to keep in mind your career vision and goals, and how any qualification will contribute to these.
1. Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Programs
- Certified Accounting Stage Certificate (CAT)
- Applied Knowledge Module
- General Accounting Stage Certificate
- Chartered Accounting Stage Certificate
- LGCSE Minimum of 6 grade C including English and Mathematics or Principles of Accounts
- COSC Credit in English and Mathematics or Accounts plus overall aggregate for best six subjects not exceeding 34
2. Lesotho Professional Accountancy Programme(LEPAP)
- Accounting Technician: six months experience
- General Accountant: Six months
- Chartered Accountant: Two years
3. Chartered Institute Of Public Finance And Accountancy (CIPFA)
- Certificate In International Public Financial Management
- Diploma In International Public Financial Management
- Advanced Diploma In International Public Financial Management
- Strategic Level (Chartered Accounting Stage)
- Employment with the Government of Lesotho for at least two (2) years; AND
- Any University Degree, Diploma or Certificate; OR
- COSC or equivalent with a minimum pass in Mathematics and English Language.
4. Chartered Institute Of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- LGCSE Minimum of 6 grade C including English and Maths or Principles of Accounts
- COSC Credit in English and Maths or Accounts plus overall aggregate for best six subjects not exceeding 34