These are broad objectives for health and safety specified in each product safety Directive stating how the designer and manufacturer should construct applicable products for safety and compliance.
- Make sure the following documents are readily available:
- Application fee receipt (pay a non-refundable Application Fee listed under Schedule of Fees, View Schedule of Fees which is payable into the UB bank accounts listed under Financial Procedures or UB Cash Office)
- Certified copy of the Senior Secondary School Certificate or Statement of Results (School Leavers)
- Certified copies of Transcript(s) and or Certificate(s) for those applying for Upper Levels, Transfers and Re-Admission
- Certified copy of National Identity Card (Omang) / Passport (Omang for citizens)
- Go over the Application Package
- An e-mail address is required for one to apply online
) The general minimum ENTRY requirements to the University shall be the Botswana General Certificate of Secondary Education
(BGCSE)/equivalent qualification with at least six subjects NOT below a grade of E.
b) For all programmes, English Language shall be one of the qualifying subjects.
c) English Language must at least be a minimum of grade C for non-science degree programmes and at least a minimum of grade D for science-based programmes.
d) For Degree programmes, at least five subjects shall be at a minimum of grade C obtained at one or two examination sittings.
e) For Diploma and Certificate programmes, at least a minimum of three grades of C with a
minimum of grade E in the English Language shall be required. Five subjects may be considered if the minimum cut-off point based on six subjects is met.
f) The minimum entry BGCSE points shall be 34 points for all undergraduate Degrees and 30 points for Diploma and Certificate programmes.
g) The stipulated length of relevant work experience where required must have been met at the time of submitting the application.
h) Any additional and/or special ENTRY requirements shall be specified under the programme offerings.
i) Applicants shall be considered only for the
study programmes they have selected.
j) When applying for a programme which is offered by both full-time and distance learning modes, indicate whether the application is for full-time or distance learning, otherwise if not indicated it will be
assumed the application is for a full-time programme.
k) Meeting the minimum entry requirements does not guarantee admission. Admission will depend on the availability of space and the competitive strength of each applicant’s grades.
l) Applicants may make changes to their programme choices. Such changes should
be communicated in writing to the undergraduate admissions office.
m) Applicants with BGCSE/equivalent with a minimum of grade E in the English Language may be considered for admission into the Bachelor’s degree programmes.
Entry Requirements for the University of Botswana
How many points do you need for the University of Botswana?
The minimum entry BGCSE points shall be 34 points for all undergraduate Degrees and 30 points for Diploma and Certificate programmes. g. The stipulated length of relevant work experience where required must have been met at the time of submitting the application.
How do I apply to University in Botswana?
Prospective applicants are to make their applications online through the ”STUDY” link on the University of Botswana website: www.ub.bw and may use any internet facility available to them.
What are the requirements to study medicine in Botswana?
- A credit in at least six subjects in BGCSE or equivalent.
- BGCSE holders or equivalent should possess a minimum of 20 points from any of the Mathematics, Physics and/or Chemistry and/Biology, or Science double award.