A visa is an official document that allows the bearer to legally enter a foreign country. The visa is usually stamped or glued into the bearer’s passport. There are several different types of visas, each of which affords the bearer different rights in the host country.
This is issued to people who intend to visit Botswana for recreational purposes, or for other short-term non-work-related purposes. This visa allows entry into Botswana for up to one (1) month and is extendable on justification. The applicant must not engage in any employment while on a tourism visa, or else the visa will be rendered invalid.
Who is eligible?
All foreigners who require visas to enter Botswana as tourists are eligible for this service.
How do I get this service?
- Any immigration office (contact information listed below), Botswana embassy, or consulate to fill and submit Form 1 (Application for Visa in person.
- Submit the required documents (listed below) with the application form.
- Check the outcome of your application from the office where the application was submitted after seven (7) working days.
- An approval/rejection letter is sent to the office where the application was made.
- If the Visa application is approved, it will be printed at the office where the application was made or if not printed the applicant can travel with the approval letter as proof of a Visa to Botswana and the Visa will be printed at the Airport/Immigration Ports of Entry.
What supporting documents are required?
The following documents are required to be submitted with the application form:
- Certified copy of pages 1 and 2 of passport showing validity period not less than six (6) months.
- Two recent colored passport-size photos.
- Covering letter indicating reasons for visit.
- Flight itinerary and accommodation bookings or residential address in Botswana.
- A re-entry permit to the country where the applicant is ordinarily resident if such a permit is required by that country.
- Trip itinerary.
- Intent to depart Botswana after your trip.
How long will this service take?
It takes seven (7) to fourteen (14) days after the date of application for the service to be completed and or one (1) day if it is Visa on arrival.
How much does it cost?
The costs associated with this service are as follows:
- Single entry for a period up to one (1) month is BWP 300.00(US$30.00)
- Multiple entries for a period up to five (5) years is BWP 500.00 (US$50.00)
Where can I obtain this service?
All Regional Immigration Offices, District Immigration Offices, and Missions Abroad.
Department of Immigration and Citizenship
Ministry of Nationality, Immigration, and Gender Affairs
Tel. (+267) 361 1300
Toll-Free. 0800 600 777
Opening hours: 7:30 to 12:45, and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.
How much is the cost of a Botswana visa?
Fees for Consular and Immigration Services
|8||Tourist Visa||$ 30 single entry up to 1 month|
|9||Single entry Visitor Visa for up to 3 months||$ 30|
|10||Visitor Visa of more than 3 months||$ 150|
|11||Business Visa||$ 50 single entry|
How much is a Nigerian visa to Botswana?
Botswana tourist e-visa fees for citizens of Nigeria
|Type of visa||Validity Maximum validity refers to the period over which you are allowed to enter a given country. Validity of visa starts from the date of issuance of visa.||Embassy fee|
|Single Entry||for up to 1 month||19.85|
|Multiple Entries||up to 3 months||33.10|
How long does it take to get a Botswana visa?
Submit the required documents (listed below) with the application form. Check the outcome of your application from the office where the application was submitted after seven working days. An approval/rejection letter is sent to the office where the application was made.
Can I apply for a Botswana visa online?
You can apply for a tourist visa online through iVisa. We offer both single-entry and multiple-entry visas for Botswana, depending on your needs. With our help, you don’t have to worry about filling out complicated application forms or visiting the Botswana embassy.