An official document provided by the government of a particular country which shows that the owner is a citizen of that country and allows that person to travel to foreign countries.
IT is hereby notified that the Minister has in terms of section 22 of the Citizenship of Zimbabwe Act [Chapter 4:01], made the following regulations: —
1 . These regulations may be cited as the Citizenship Act (Passport Fees) Regulations, 2021.
2. The Minister hereby notifies that henceforth the Government will cease the issuance of the current type of passports and in place thereof will be issuing electronically readable passports (e-passports) whose charges are as specified in the Schedule.
3 . The current type of passports, issued before the date of operation of these regulations, will cease to be acceptable internationally by 31st December 2023, and will therefore need to be replaced by e-passports in terms of these regulations.
4. The Citizenship (Passport Fees) Regulations, 2021, published in Statutory Instrument 201 of 2021, are hereby repealed.
- The fees payable for obtaining one passport shall be: —
(a) ordinary e-passport USD$100.00
(b) emergency or express e-passport USD$200,00
- A normal fee of USD $20,00, shall be charged for every passport application fee processed at any CBZ Bank Branch Countrywide.
Supplement to the Zimbabwean Government Gazette Extraordinary dated the 13th of December. 2021.
Repealed by the Citizenship (Passport Fees) Regulations, 2022
How much is it to renew a passport in Zimbabwe?
A normal fee of USD $20,00, shall be charged for every passport application fee processed at any CBZ Bank Branch Countrywide.
How much are passports in Zimbabwe?
Statutory fees paid on application: Ordinary passport – US$50. Executive passport (1 day) – US$315. Urgent passport (3 working days) – US$250.
What do I need to renew my Zimbabwe passport?
- Original long birth certificate and uncertified photocopy.
- Original national identity document and uncertified photocopy.
- Original and uncertified copy of marriage certificate/divorce order (applicable to adult female applicants)
- Two identical colour photographs (please refer to chat on passport photo specifications)
What is the charge for passport renewal?
|Sr. No.||Service Required||Application Fee|
|1||Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport including additional booklet due to exhaustion of visa pages (36 pages) of 10 years validity.||Rs.1,500/-*|
|2||Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport including additional booklet due to exhaustion of visa pages (60 pages) of 10 years validity.||Rs.2,000/-|
Can you renew your Zimbabwean passport?
Can you renew your Zimbabwean passport in South Africa? Where to apply for a new Zimbabwean passport. A new Zimbabwean passport can be applied for at the Zimbabwean consulate in South Africa. There are two Zimbabwean consulates; one in Cape Town and the other in Johannesburg and you have to choose the one that is close to you.