A passport is an official document provided by the government of a particular country which shows that the owner is a citizen of that country and allows that person to travel to foreign countries.
Issuance of Travel Documents
Documents Offered Are:
• Passport (Diplomatic, Service and Ordinary passport).
• Temporary Travel Documents (TTDs).
• All applications to be submitted and passports to be collected in person.
• Original documents and photocopies of the following to be produced:
• Long birth certificate.
• National Identity Card.
• Marriage Certificate/National Identity Card in married name/divorce order.
• Two color photographs (size 3.5 x 4.5cm).
• Citizenship certificate (for citizens by registration).
• Old passport/ Temporary Travel Document if any.
• For lost or stolen passports attach the police report.
Original documents will be returned to the owner while photocopies will be attached to the application.
• The father/mother or another legal guardian of children under 18 years must sign section 5 of the passport application form. Legal guardian’s “Documentary proof “ should be in a form of a court order from the High Court or community in the case of divorced parents.
• Take note that the loss of a passport should be immediately reported to the nearest police and passport office.
• Statutory fees paid on application:
· Ordinary passport – US$50.
· Executive passport (1 day) – US$315.
· Urgent passport (3 working days) – US$250.
· Temporary Travel Document – US$35.
· Passport Application forms (P1 form) – US$3.
· Ordinary passport old type – US$50.
· Search fee – US$5.
· Temporary Travel Document Form – US$3.
How much does Zimbabwe’s e-passport cost?
How much does the e-passport cost? The e-passport costs $120 including the application fee.
What are the new passport fees in Zimbabwe?
The new fees are US$100 for an ordinary passport and US$200 for an emergency one. The new fees were gazetted by Home Affairs and Cultural Heritage Minister Kazembe Kazembe in Statutory Instrument 3 of 2022 cited as Citizenship (Passport Fees) Regulations of 2022.
How to get a Zimbabwe passport?
What are the requirements?
- Birth certificate (Long Birth Certificate)
- ID – For all applicants above 16 years your application must be accompanied by an ID.
- Marriage certificate – If you are married and got a marriage certificate please take it with you.
How much is it to apply for a passport?
I’m an adult (16 and older) and I’m applying for the first time
|Passport Book & Card||DS-11||$160|
How long does it take for an ordinary passport in Zimbabwe?
7 working days
The ordinary passport is issued in 7 working days from the date of application while the emergency e-passport comes out in 3 days. However, to get an emergency document you’ll need to make a booking and the Passport Office is only starting that in March 2022.