At the moment you can not apply for an e-passport online. You can, however, book online and on the day of the appointment go to Makombe New Complex, Leopold Takawira Street, Harare, to kick start your application process.
An official document provided by the government of a particular country shows that the owner is a citizen of that country and allows that person to travel to foreign countries.
PASSPORT APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR ADULT
1. Original long birth certificate and uncertified photocopy
2. Original national identity document and uncertified photocopy
3. Original and uncertified copy of marriage certificate/divorce order (applicable to adult female applicants)
4. Two identical colour photographs (please refer to chat on passport photo specifications)
5. Citizenship certified and uncertified photocopy where applicable, (those who were previously Alien Citizens)
6. Expired/Current/Lost passport and uncertified photocopy
7. Original police report affidavit for lost or stolen passport and uncertified photocopy.
PASSPORT APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR
APPLICANTS UNDER 18 YEARS
1. All the above applicable requirements (1-7) plus
2. Original national identity document and uncertified photocopy for children who have attained the age of 16 years
3. Original national identity document or valid passport and uncertified photocopy for the father/mother/another legal guardian
4. The father/mother/or another legal guardian must sign section 5 of the passport application form
5. In the event that both parents are deceased, original death certificates and uncertified copies are required.
6. Legal guardian’s certificate or documentary proof should be in the form of a Zimbabwean Court Order.
PASSPORT APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS UNDER 18
1. All the above applicable requirements (1- 6) plus
2. Original child health card/clinic card and uncertified photocopies of all sections with the child’s names and names of parents.
NB: FOR ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS, BRING THE ORIGINAL PLUS AN UNCERTIFIED COPY.
THE APPLICATION FORMS OBTAINED FROM THE CONSULATE SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TO ANY OF THE
FOLLOWING PASSPORT OFFICES; BULAWAYO, GWANDA, GWERU OR HARARE.
REQUIREMENTS FOR BIRTH CERTIFICATE REGISTRATION FOR CHILDREN BORN IN SOUTH AFRICA
Bring originals and one uncertified photocopy of each of the following documents:
1. Child’s health card
2. Child’s unabridged birth certificate from RSA Home Affairs (if available);
3. Mother’s Zimbabwean birth certificate
4. Mother’s Zimbabwean identity document (ID)
5. Mother’s Zimbabwean passport
6. Father’s Zimbabwean birth certificate
7. Father’s Zimbabwean ID
8. Father’s Zimbabwean passport
9. Marriage certificate (where applicable).
A single mother can also apply for the child’s birth certificate by producing originals and uncertified copies of her documents as stated above
NB: FOR ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS, BRING AN ORIGINAL PLUS UNCERTIFIED COPY THE REGISTRATION FORMS OBTAINED FROM THE CONSULATE SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TO THE REGISTRAR OF BIRTH AND DEATH OFFICES IN BULAWAYO, GWANDA, GWERU OR HARARE.
List of required documents for Repatriation of Human remains to zimbabwe
1- Death Certificate (Abridged Death Certificate)
2- Copy of the Deceased’s Passport or Birth certificate or Zimbabwean I.D
3- Copy of the Deceased relative’s Passport or Birth Certificate or Zimbabwean I.D and contact details
4- Burial Order
5- Embalming Certificate
6- Non-Infectious disease Certificate
7- Notice of Death/Still Birth – (DHA-1663A)
8- Notice of Death/Still Birth – (DHA-1663B)
9- Final burial place in Zimbabwe
N.B: Nobody shall be repatriated to Zimbabwe without clearance from the Consulate.
Deceased without a passport
In cases where the deceased does not have Zimbabwean document/s, the undertakers should approach the Consulate with the following additional documents:
a) Zimbabwean national identity card and/or Zimbabwean birth certificate of the informant;
b) Affidavit wrote by the next of kin stating that the person is indeed a Zimbabwean national and stating the nature of the relationship.
c) The Consulate will seek the necessary clearances from Harare.
CONFIRMATION OF VALIDITY OF ZIMBABWEAN DRIVER’S LICENSES
1- Applicant should first get a confirmation letter of their Licence from CVR in Zimbabwe.
2- Bring the confirmation letter and 2x Passport photos to the Consulate.
3- Cost at the Consulate – R250.00
Central Vehicle Registry (CVR) can be contacted on
Tel: +2634774474 or +2634759743-5
Address: CVR, 29 Robson Manyika Avenue, P.O. Box CY760, Causeway, Harare
TEMPORARY TRAVEL DOCUMENT
1- Zimbabwe National Identity Card (ID) and/or birth certificate.
2- Expired passport or affidavit in cases of lost or stolen passport.
3- ETD/TTD costs R500.00
NB- An ETD/TTD can only be used to travel back to Zimbabwe.
One can not enter South Africa on an ETD or TTD. Only valid passports are required for entry into South Africa.
TRADE & INVEST
TRADE & INVESTMENT OFFICE:
Please contact the Trade Officer Mr Chengetai Murahwa on the;
How to apply for a Zimbabwe passport online?
Can I apply for Zimbabwean passport online? At the moment you can not apply for an e-passport online. You can, however, book online and on the day of the appointment go to Makombe New Complex, Leopold Takawira Street, Harare, to kick start your application process.
How much is it to apply for a Zimbabwean passport?
How much does the e-passport cost? The e-passport costs $120 including the application fee.
How long does it take to get a Zimbabwean passport?
Applicants can collect their passports within 48 hours of their application compared to seven days for those who apply in person. In addition, the Register General’s office has set up an Express e-passport portal/centre.
What documents do I need for a passport in Zimbabwe?
To apply for an e-passport we were told that for adults you will need: Your ID and copy.
- Parent’s ID and birth certificate and copies of each.
- Birth certificate of the child and or ID if they are of age (plus copies)
- Old passport expiring passport with a copy of it (if they already had one)