Welcome to our Nurse online application portal. NB: Candidates should not be less than 17 years and not more than 30 years. Certified copies of birth certificate, National ID, Academic certificates and Marriage Certificate where applicable must be brought to the selection interviews if the applicant has been shortlisted.
Welcome to our Nurse online application portal.
- Must be aged between the ages of seventeen (17) and thirty (30) years on the date of commencement of training
- NB: Candidates should not be less than 17 years and not more than 30 years.
- Not more than two sittings with full certificates as Examination Result Slips are not accepted
- Have a minimum of 5 Ordinary Level passes with symbol C or better including English Language, Mathematics and a Science Subject plus any other three subjects, excluding Practical Subjects Except Agriculture
- Certified copies of birth certificate, National ID, Academic certificates and Marriage Certificate where applicable must be brought to the selection interviews if the applicant has been shortlisted.
- Original Certificates should also be brought on interview day for certificate verification
- Application fee is RTGS $1000.00(Using Paynow Merchant)
To be a nurse you must undergo training which is three years in government hospitals and other private hospitals with nursing school departments. At the end of three years, you then write final exams which are only marked at the Nurse’s Council of Zimbabwe.
If you pass the final exam you then register with NCZ and you will now be called a Registered General Nurse (RGN) and given a practising certificate. To be outstanding in the nursing fraternity, you have to do post-basic courses (specializing).
Another option for becoming a nurse in Zimbabwe is to enrol with universities that offer Bsc Degrees in Nursing. This is a 4-year program for a conventional student. You will also register with NCZ and become a Registered General Nurse. You can not work as a nurse in Zimbabwe without a practising certificate.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR NURSING
To apply for nursing school you must have 5 O’ level passes including Maths, English and a science subject. Practical subjects are included in one or two sittings only.
You must have full certificates as examination slips are not considered.
You must be between the ages of 17 years and 30 years before the commencement date.
Application is done through the Ministry of Health and Child Care electronic platform found on the MoHCC website www.mohcc.gov.zw.
There are three intakes per year (January, May and September) and it is advertised in The Herald and Sunday Mail newspapers.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR NURSING TRAINING AT COLLEGE
To be enrolled for Bsc Nursing Science at a university college :
You must have passed five O’ levels including English Language (grades A, B and C) in both ZIMSEC/CAMBRIDGE.
You must have passed at least two A levels.
Intakes are for February and August.
You download the university application form, completely fill it and submit it to the university together with education certificates.
Also, check for adverts for enrollment in the Herald and Sunday Mail.
ONLINE NURSING APPLICATION IN ZIMBABWE
Applying to be a nurse is now done on the Ministry of Health website as has already been mentioned in this article. Here are a few things to note when applying online.
When is the nursing school window for application opened?
MoHCC will advertise this in the Herald and Sunday Mail. You need to keep an eye out especially close to or around the intake months of January, May and September.
Next, go to the website www.mohcc.gov.zw, the online application portal and create an account.
Fill in the details as required following the steps given.
You will need to pay the application fee via the Ecocash merchant code provided.
Electronic selection is done, and if shortlisted for interviews you are required to bring certified copies of your birth certificate, national ID, academic certificates and marriage certificate where applicable and original copies for verification.
You must have these requirements:
Must be between ages 17 years and 30 years
Five O’level passes with a grade C or better including Maths, English Language and Science subjects in not more than two sittings.
Birth certificate, national ID, academic certificates (results slip are not accepted) and marriage certificate where applicable.
What requirements are needed to study nursing in Zimbabwe?
- Have at least 5 O’Levels including English Language and a Science subject with a grade C or better (A’ Level passes in Science subjects are an added advantage)
- Have a Diploma in General Nursing.
- Be registered with the Nurses Council of Zimbabwe and hold a current Practising certificate or equivalent.
How much does it cost to study nursing in Zimbabwe?
Well, student nurses in Zimbabwe DO NOT PAY SCHOOL FEES. Education for student nurses is free but you will have to work for the government for three years after completing your studies in the process called (Bonding).
How to apply for nursing in Zimbabwe?
January 2022 Intake
- original and certified copies of the Birth certificate.
- National identity Card.
- Ordinary Level certificates.
- Marriage certificate where applicable.
- Advanced level certificate if attained and.
- 2 passport-size pictures with the applicant’s name at the back.