PayPal is an online payment system that makes paying for things online and sending and receiving money safe and secure. When you link your bank account, credit card or debit card to your PayPal account, you can use PayPal to make purchases online with participating stores.
- To open a PayPal account in Zimbabwe, the applicant has to visit Zimbabwe’s PayPal website page to make the application. The PayPal account can be accessed through the following Open PayPal Account Link.
- Upon entering Zimbabwe’s PayPal homepage, click on the “Sign Up” Option to register for an account on the PayPal platform. This will direct the applicant to the next page where they can start their registration process.
- On the next page choose between the provided account options. You can choose from*Personal Account (for personal accounts)*Business Account (for business accounts)
- Upon choosing the type of account the applicant intends to open, the applicants have to enter their mobile number for confirmation.* Upon entering the phone number, the applicant will receive an automated text (code) to confirm the validity phone number. Enter the code in the text box and click on the “Next” button to proceed with the application.
- On the next page enter the required information for registration and click on the “Register” button .*This will cause a confirmation email address to be sent to the applicant’s email address.
- The applicant should log into their email address and confirm their registration by clicking on the “Complete Registration” button, in the email which has been sent .*This will direct you back to Zimbabwe’s PayPal website page.
- The applicant should then update their profile details by adding and verifying their identification details, uploading their photograph and Changing/Setting their password .*Please provide the required information. A list of the required information is mentioned in the “Required Information” section of this page.
- Confirm that all the information you have given is correct and click on the “Submit Application” button.*This will cause a confirmation email address to be sent to the applicant’s email address.
- The applicant should confirm the email by logging into their email address and adding their Credit/Debit card information to their PayPal account (if available) and clicking on the “Submit” button to complete the application.
- The PayPal officials then will check the application’s authenticity. If the authorities are satisfied with the application, a notification email confirming the opening of the account will be sent to the applicant.
- This process usually takes a period of one week and no fee is charged for the application.
- The applicant can now log into their PayPal account and use it to make or receive payments.
Which banks support PayPal in Zimbabwe?
UPDATE: Right now the cards that are working online and with PayPal in Zimbabwe are the USD pre-funded MasterCard/Visa cards which are being issued by some banks for example FBC, Steward Bank, NMB.
Does PayPal operate in Zimbabwe?
And the best part is if you have an account with PayPal you can start sending money to Zimbabwe right now with your PayPal payment options right at your fingertips.
What do you need to open a PayPal account?
What information is required to open a Personal PayPal account?
- First and last name.
- Phone number.
- Email address.
Can I buy Bitcoin with PayPal in Zimbabwe?
Buying Bitcoin with PayPal is easy and fast on LocalBitcoins – the world’s largest Bitcoin marketplace. Your Paypal to Bitcoin trades are protected by escrow and our support desk is always there to help you when you need guidance in learning how to buy BTC with Paypal.