Malawi Adventist University Department of Agriculture
About Malawi Adventist University Department of Agriculture
The Department of Agriculture is structured and operated on the belief that human beings are the custodians of the earth and its environment. Humans, therefore, have the primary responsibility to make a positive contribution to the development of Agriculture, particularly in the areas of resource conservation, food production, poverty alleviation, and environmentally sustainable development. It is our belief that Agriculture is a God instituted activity. Agriculture majors are trained to appreciate the value of the call to till the land, tend livestock, promote sustainable agricultural resource management, promote equity in access to food, alleviate poverty, accelerate economic development and be successful stewards.
The vision of the Department is to provide the best program in Agriculture in the region
The mission of the Department is to promote sustainable Agriculture to prepare students for service to God and mankind.
Programmes Offered At The Malawi Adventist University Department of Agriculture
|Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (BSc Agriculture)|
|Bachelor of Science in Agri-Business (BSc Agri-Business)|
Malawi Adventist University Department of Agriculture How To Apply
) All applicants must satisfy the requirements of the relevant courses and the University regulations. Application forms may be obtained from Lakeview campus or Field offices of the Seventh Day Adventist Church in Malawi or at the Malawi Union
b) International applicants who need application forms should contact the The Registrar, Malawi Adventist University, P.O. Box 148, Ntcheu, Malawi
For Undergraduate Degree programmes. Applications are made and received throughout the year.
Malawi Adventist University Department of Agriculture Entry Requirements
The minimum entrance requirements for the first degree under direct entry qualifications
1. a) Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE) with five credits or its equivalent.
b) Meet the entrance requirement for the preferred area of study.
2. Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education (A-Level Certificate):
a) A minimum of 2 principal passes and two subsidiary passes.
b) Meet the consideration for the area of study.
3. Applicants with a Diploma Certificate from recognized institutions and with MSCE or its equivalent may be admitted into undergraduate programmes.
Malawi Adventist University Department of Agriculture Scholarships
Malawi Adventist University Department of Agriculture Vacancies
Malawi Adventist University-Lakeview Campus invites applications from suitably qualified male or female for the post of LECTURER on permanent and contract basis in the following departments:
Department of Agriculture-Lecturer in Agri-business. Candidates must have a minimum of Master’s degree in Agri-business and not less than two years teaching experience.
Department of Education- Lecturer in Sociolinguistics, Literature and Language. Candidates must have a minimum of Master’s in English language, literature and Sociolinguistics; and not less than two years teaching experience
Please submit your application including a comprehensive CV to:
The Dean of Academics
Malawi Adventist University
P.O. Box 148
Phone: +265 996 135 995/+265 888 535 388
Malawi Adventist University Department of Agriculture Prospectus
Malawi Adventist University Department of Agriculture Registration
Registration takes place at the beginning of every semester. All students are required to register with the Registrar, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Malawi Adventist University Department of Agriculture Fees Structure
Before applying, applicants are advised to make sure that they have adequate financial support to cover tuition fees and other financial requirements. All Undergraduate Programmes are privately sponsored. Applicants seeking sponsorship should have their applications endorsed by their respective sponsors, where applicable. Tuition fees do not cover accommodation expenses. An acceptable guarantee of financial support throughout the proposed course is necessary
- Application fees are paid after completion of application forms.
- University fees. Graduation, Certificate and Academic Transcript fees are paid on completion of the programme.
- Payment of fees may be made in Lump sum on arrival per Semester or 40% of the fees should be paid before registration and the balance to be cleared in the 3rd month of the semester, before exams are written
- University fees MUST be paid in the Bank (Standard Bank of Malawi, Ntcheu Branch, Account Number: 0140066600700, Account name: Malawi Adventist University, current account)
- International Students MUST pay fees in US Dollars.
- Application fees are K9,000.00 for Malawians: USD30.00 for International Students.
- Total fees for Residential students: MK669,000.00.
Non-Residential students: MK438,000.00
Contact Malawi Adventist University Department of Agriculture
For enquiries about Malawi Adventist University
Malawi Adventist University
P.O Box 148
Tel: +265 999 759896, +265 888 927605