Malawi Adventist University Application Procedure
a) All applicants must satisfy the requirements of the relevant courses and the University regulations. Application forms may be obtained from Lakeview campus or Field offices of the Seventh Day Adventist Church in Malawi or at the Malawi Union or you can download the Application Form here
b) International applicants who need application forms should contact the The Registrar, Malawi Adventist University, P.O. Box 148, Ntcheu, Malawi
For Undergraduate Degree programmes. Applications are made and received throughout the year.
Malawi Adventist University (MAU) is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for admission into Degree, Diploma and Certificate Programme offered at their Lakeview and Malamulo campuses.
MSCE or equivalent certificate holders who wish to join the university but have 4 or 5 credits including English may apply to attend the Bridging Course. Interested students should submit their bridging courses application forms before 28th May 2020 to the Registrar. This course begins on 10th June 2020 at Lakeview College. Those who succeed in this Bridging Course will join the regular Lakeview degree Programme starting on 1st September 2020.
Bachelor of Arts (BA) and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) (Four Years)
- Bachelor of Arts – Religious Studies
- Bachelor of Arts – Theology (BA-Th)
- Bachelor of Education – English Language
- Bachelor of Education – English Literature and Religious Studies
Admission Requirements: MSCE or its equivalent with Six (6) credits including English.
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) (Four Years)
- Bachelor of Business Administration – Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration – Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration — Marketing
Admission Requirements: MSCE or its equivalent with Six (6) credits including English and Mathematics
Bachelor of Science (BSc) (Four Years)
- Bachelor of Science – Agriculture
- Bachelor of Science – Agri-Business Management
Admission Requirements: MSCE or its equivalent with (6) credits including English, Mathematics and any three science subjects (which could be; Agriculture, Biology,
Physical Science, Home Economics and Geography)
- MALAMULO COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES (MCHS)
Bachelor of Science (BSc) (Four Years)
- Bachelor of Science – Public Health
- Bachelor of Science – Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Bachelor of Science – Nursing and MidwiferyAdmission Requirements: MSCE or its equivalent with Six (6) credits including English, Mathematics, Biology and Physical science and two other science subjects. Those with “A” Level Certificate must have at least a grade of C in Chemistry, Biology and either Mathematics or Physics.Diploma (Regular) (Three Years)
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- Diploma in Biomedical Science (Laboratory)Admission Requirements for Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Diploma in Biomedical Science: MSCE with Six (6) Credits including English, Mathematics, Physical Science and Biology
- Diploma (Mature Entry) (One Year and Six Months)
- Diploma in Clinical MedicineAdmission Requirements: Must have completed a two-year Medical Assistants training and be registered with Medical council of Malawi, 3 years of working experience and has an MSCE with 4 credits including Mathematics, Physical Science, Biology and English.
Certificate (Two Years)
- Certificate in Clinical MedicineAdmission Requirements: MSCE with credits in any two science subjects (Mathematics, Physical Science, Biology and Geography) and a strong pass or better in English.
NOTE: The age limit for Malamulo College Programmes is that the student should not be less than sixteen (16) years and not more than forty-five (45) years old.METHOD OF APPLICATION
Please follow the steps outlined below:
- Download application forms HERE or collect application forms from MAU Blantyre Campus at Jhango House in Chitawira;
- Complete the application Form;
- Get two letters of recommendations: one from the religious leader of your denomination and another from the Head Teacher of the last school the applicant attended;
- Get two passport size photographs;
- Make a copy of the applicant’s MSCE or equivalent qualification certificate;