Malawi Assemblies of God University At A Glance
To advance knowledge and produce innovative, spirit-empowered technocrats and Leaders who serve the nation and the entire world with integrity
To be a world-class university, offering transformational education, which is culturally relevant, and develops quality leadership?
- Christ-Centered Ministry: We value an effective University education that leads students to a deeper and more intimate relationship with Jesus Christ than before beginning that educational process. The Lordship of Christ should effect and be evident in every aspect of education, relationship, and ministry endeavors at Malawi Assemblies of God University.
- Biblical Authority: We value the Bible as the Word of God, and is our only infallible rule of faith and practice. We believe in the plenary, verbal inspiration of the Holy Scriptures by the Holy Spirit and, therefore, we affirm the inerrancy of the Holy Scriptures, and through rightly interpreting Scripture we preach Christ and His kingdom so that people from every nation may be reconciled to God. We believe that the Bible gives us the mandate, message, and model for world evangelization. The central theme of the entire Bible is God’s redemptive work.
- Pentecostal Distinctive: We value and are committed to the Pentecostal dimension of Christianity. We affirm the person of the Holy Spirit as the empowering agent in believers of Christ to follow Christ’s command to proclaim this gospel to every nation. Thus, we carefully maintain, from a theological and practical perspective, the Pentecostal distinctive in all educational and ministry activities.
- Mission of God: We believe that God is a missionary God! As such, God purpose is to gather those that submit to His Lordship from all nations, tribes, and peoples of the earth. Thus, the God of Mission has commissioned His Church to proclaim the good news of the Kingdom of His Son Jesus Christ. We believe this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all nations, then the end will come!
- Kingdom Perspective: We believe that Christians are Kingdom people, and Christ Himself is the eternal King over His Kingdom. As Kingdom people we are called in partnership with Christ the King as representatives to proclaim His dominion over all the earth.
- Missionary Church: We value the Church as God’s representative people on the earth to participate in the call of God’s mission. We believe that the task of God’s mission does not fall alone to certain segments of the body of Christ, but rather should involve every Christian from every nation of the world.• Comprehensive Education: We value the educational approach that considers the whole person, and strives to equip the mind and the heart. We believe spiritual fervor and higher education do not have to be mutually exclusive, but rather God can use both aspects to His glory. We are committed to high standards of research, writing, thinking and application as a means of preparing students to engage with a global community.
- Community Emphasis: We value community fellowship. We believe that within the learning community we must model ethics and values of the Kingdom of God. Students should reach out to one another with humility and dignity while modeling a servant’s heart knowing that we are a reflection of the breath and diversity of the family of God.
Statement of Faith
Malawi Assemblies of God University subscribes to the Statement of Fundamental Truths of the Assemblies of God. The full statement can be found in the MAGU’S catalog. The following is a summary: We believe:
- The Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His future return to the earth in power and glory.
- The only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the vicarious and atoning work of Jesus Christ.
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation. The redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing of the human body in answer to believing prayer.
- The baptism in the Holy Spirit is a special experience following salvation for the purpose of empowering believer for witnessing and effective service just as it did in the New Testament times.
- In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
- In the Blessed Hope – the rapture of the Church at Christ’s coming.
The resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to bodily everlasting damnation.
Validation and Accreditation
MAGU is recognized as a university by the Council for Higher Education of the Ministry of Education under the Malawi government; it is partner with the Global University (USA) by which has accreditation covering through the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), as well as through the Association of Pentecostal Theological Education in Africa (APTEA), and
furthermore enjoys the ecclesiastical endorsement of Africa Theological Training Service (ATTS).
MAGU is an educational extension of the Malawi Assemblies of God fellowship.
Degrees Offered & Program Description
MAGU offers various educational programs through and the under the following faculties for now:
- Faculty of Theology and Ministerial Formation
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Commerce, Management and Leadership
Every program follows a rigorous regimented path demanding class attendance, practicums, internships, coaching assessments etc, all of which facilitates a context making the student receive a credible and competitive education. The contact hours for all programs are consistent with what is demanded by the accreditation associations to which MAGU subscribes.
Schedule of Terms & Courses
There are two semesters scheduled per academic year. Each Faculty runs different programs per semester including those that are inter-faculty. The terms are held every September and January. Students may refer to the ‘Schedule of Courses’ form distributed by the MAGU’s office to review the courses schedule for any program for the academic period.