National University Of Lesotho IEMS Academic Programmes
- UNDERGRADUATE SUB-DEGREE PROGRAMMES
DIPLOMA IN ADULT EDUCATION – 3 YEARS
Requirements: Should be 23 years of age (minimum) COSC/GCE, 3 credits plus a pass in English Language; relevant working experience in a formal or non-formal education setting.
Career Opportunities: Field Worker, Community Extension Educator, Assistant Researcher, Human Resource Manager (basic), Conflict and Resolution Manager, Crime Prevention Manager, Leadership Skills Manager, Change Agent Manager, Legal Advisor. On completion of the diploma can apply to enroll for a degree in Adult Education.
DIPLOMA IN MANAGEMENT – 3 YEARS
Requirements: Minimum of GCE with Pass in Mathematics and English Language.
Career Opportunities: Accountant, Human Resources Manager, Researcher, Industrial Relations Manager, Insurance Manager, Marketing Manager.
DIPLOMA IN MASS COMMUNICATION – 3 YEARS
Requirements: COSC/GCE, 4 subjects passed at no lower than 7(D) Including English Language and Sesotho, or alternative language, 5 years working experience in the field of Journalism, this category of candidates shall take and pass an English proficiency test before consideration for admission and other alternative qualifications recognized by the NUL Senate.
Career Opportunities: Journalist, Photographer, Graphic Designs, Public Relations, Publishing, Information and Communications, Advertising and Marketing.
- UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAMMES
BACHELOR OF EDUCATION IN ADULT EDUCATION – 4 YEARS
Requirements: Diploma in Adult Education with a pass with Credit or better obtained at NUL or its equivalent obtained at other institutions recognized by the NUL Senate. Applicants with a pass grade in the Diploma in Adult Education with at least an OWM of 50% plus two years work experience after Graduation may be considered for admission.
Career Opportunities: Trainer, Facilitator, Projects Monitor and Implementer, Non-formal Educator, Researcher, Human Resource Manager, Change Agent, Community Extension Educator.
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN BUSINESS ENTERPRISE – 4 YEARS
Requirements: The NUL Diploma in Business Studies passed with Distinction or Credit. Diploma in Management obtained at NUL. Other Equivalent Diplomas recognized by the National University of Lesotho will be considered.
Career Opportunities: Researcher, Human Resource Manager, Entrepreneur (self employer), Accountant, Auditor, Bank Manager, can enroll for further Professional Qualifications or Post-Graduate Studies.
- MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES
M.ED. IN ADULT EDUCATION – 3 YEARS (under review)
- A B.Ed degree in Adult Education with at least a second class (lower division) from this or any other university recognized by NUL Senate;
- A relevant degree in any discipline from this university or any other university recognized by NUL Senate with at least a second-class lower division; or
- In exceptional cases, a holder of a pass degree in any field with a three year post graduation work experience may be accepted after they take and pass a prepared entrance examination.
Preference will be given to applicants with at least two years post degree experience.
Career Opportunities: Candidates for the M.Ed specialize in
- Adult Education and Community Development
- Open and Distance Learning
- Adult Education and Management of HIV/AIDS programmes.
This is a high level human resource program preparing learners to be planners, trainers, administrators and change managers in the national development field.