A passport is an official travel document issued by a government that contains a person’s identity. A person with a passport can travel to and from foreign countries more easily and access consular assistance. A passport certifies the personal identity and nationality of its holder.
It is hereby notified that the Minister has in terms of section 22 of the Citizenship of Zimbabwe Act [Chapter 4:01], made the following regulations:
1 . These regulations may be cited as the Citizenship Act (Passport Fees) Regulations, 2021.
2. The Minister hereby notifies that henceforth the Government will cease the issuance of the current type of passports and in place thereof will be issuing electronically readable passports (e-passports) whose charges are as specified in the Schedule.
3 . The current type of passports, issued before the date of operation of these regulations, will cease to be acceptable internationally by 31st December 2023, and will therefore need to be replaced by e-passports in terms of these regulations.
4. The Citizenship (Passport Fees) Regulations, 2021, published in Statutory Instrument 201 of 2021, are hereby repealed.
- The fees payable for obtaining one passport shall be:
(a) ordinary e-passport USD$100.00
(b) emergency or express e-passport USD$200,00
- A normal fee of USD $20,00, shall be charged for every passport application fee processed at any CBZ Bank Branch Countrywide.
Supplement to the Zimbabwean Government Gazette Extraordinary dated the 13th of December. 2021.
Repealed by the Citizenship (Passport Fees) Regulations, 2022
How much is a Zimbabwe e-passport?
How much does the e-passport cost? The e-passport costs $120 including the application fee. This is for a 48-hour passport. The 7-day passport costs $220 but applicants from South Africa have received their passports exactly 21 days after submission.
Is there a new passport in Zimbabwe?
Share. Since the launch of the biometric e-passport on December 14, 2021, the Civil Registry Department continues to issue e-passports at eight district and provincial registry offices.
How much is an instant passport in Zimbabwe?
3 Days Emergency Passport the equivalent of US$200. 24-hour Emergency Passport US$318-you can apply for this in Zimbabwe too.
How long do passports take in Zimbabwe?
The ordinary passport is issued in 7 working days from the date of application while the emergency e-passport comes out in 3 days.
Can I apply for an e-passport online in Zimbabwe?
The primary reason for this platform is to allow people who are in need of emergency or express e-passports a method to do so online. The goal appears to be reducing congestion and wait times at the Civil Registry Building. So if you are in need of an express e-passport, all you need to do is visit expresscentrezw.com.
How many passports can you have in Zimbabwe?
Under the terms of the 2013 Constitution, Zimbabweans by birth are allowed to hold dual nationality, but those who have nationality by descent or registration may be denied the ability to have other nationality.
How to book for Zimbabwean passport?
How to book an appointment with the Zimbabwe Consulate
- Go to the booking site.
- Click on Create a new user account.
- Add your email address, which will be used as your login.
- Create a password.
- Add your Full name.
- Add your phone number.
- Click on Create.
- Go to your email and open an email from the Zimbabwe Consulate.