Uniswa Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health
The programme is offered by the Faculty of Health Sciences, at the Mbabane Campus. In order to be admitted to the programme, you need to meet these requirements. The duration of the Bachelor Science in Environmental Health Science Degree shall be five years of study.
Courses offered include specialties in Food Sanitation and Technology, Environmental Health Management, Occupational Health and Safety and Water Supply and Sanitation.
Department of Environmental Health Science
The Department of Environmental Health Science is a Centre for excellence in Environmental Health teaching and learningin Swaziland and Southern Africa. The department is located within the Faculty of Health Sciences in Mbabane, the Capital City of Swaziland. The department offers both diploma and undergraduate degree programs in Environmental Health Science. There are excellent facilities to enhance teaching and learning. Three specializations are available for a student to choose from at year five. These are Water, Food, Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental Management.
The mission of the department is to serve as a centre for expansion and exchange of knowledge on Environmental Health through the provision of continuing education opportunities.
- To develop a human resource in environmental health and management for Swaziland and for the region.
- To serve as a source of change agents in the endeavour of changing the behaviour of the population of Swaziland towards disease prevention and alleviation of disabilities, especially at the work place.
- To provide expertise on how to shape the environment to the prosperity of mankind, taking into consideration other environmental ecosystems.
- To provide opportunity for people to think critically, to solve environmental problems, and operate in the creative domain.
- To conduct scientific research and experimentation in environmental health and management and be able to make independent scientific judgements.