Uniswa Diploma in General Nursing Science
The programme is offered by the Faculty of Health Sciences, at the Mbabane Campus.
Each subject shall divide its total instruction time (individual or combined lectures, practicals, tutorials, projects, etc.) into full courses and/or half courses. Normally, a full course shall have approximately twice the content of a half course. The duration of the academic year plus clinical practicum will be 45 weeks.
Department of General Nursing
The mission of the Department of General Nursing is to provide general nursing education, utilizing scientific knowledge and encouraging creative and critical thinking in order to prepare graduates to offer high quality nursing care to human kind. The Department will endeavor to enrich this knowledge through research by staff and students.
1. To produce graduates who are able to apply theories from nursing, biological, behavioural, and social sciences in the management of prevailing health problems.
2. To foster the utilization of the primary health care approach in the primitive, preventive curative and rehabilitative aspects of health care.
3. To collaborate with other health care delivery persons and related sectors in the coordination of health care.
4. To conduct research and utilize research findings in nursing practice as a means to improving the quality of nursing care.
5. To inculcate positive attitude and commitment to life long learning among graduates and staff in order to maintain and improve nursing practice.
6. To support the provision of quality nursing care to individuals families and communities utilizing relevant nursing theories and skills