University of Malawi chancellor college Courses Offered
Faculty of Humanities
The Faculty offers four undergraduate programmes – Bachelor of Arts Humanities (BAH), Bachelor of Arts Theology (BTH), Bachelor of Arts Communication and Cultural Studies (BACCS), and Bachelor of Arts Media for Development (MFD) – and three Postgraduate programmes, namely MA in Literature, MA in Applied Linguistics, MA in Philosophy and MA in Theology and Religious Studies.
Faculty of Social Science
This is a multidisciplinary faculty which focuses on social science, teaching, research, consulting and outreach. It offers a broad Bachelor of Social Science degree qualification with majors in Economics, History, Population Studies, Psychology, and Sociology. It also offers the following specialised degree programmes: BA Human Resource Management, BA in Political Science, BA in Public Administration, Bachelor of Social Science in Gender Studies, and Bachelor of Social Science in Social Work. The faculty also offers post graduate degrees such as MA in African Social History, MA in Development Studies, MA in Economics, MA in Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations, MA in Political Science, MA in Public Administration and Management, and MA in Sociology. The faculty has PhD programmes in Development Studies, Economics, and Sociology.
Faculty of Education
The faculty offers a number of postgraduate programmes, including:
- Master of Education in Curriculum & Teaching Studies (Language Education)
- Master of Education in Curriculum & Teaching Studies (Science & Mathematics Education)
- Master of Education in Curriculum & Teaching Studies (Social Studies Education)
- Master of Education in Policy, Planning and Leadership
- Master of Education in Sociology of Education
- Master of Education in Educational Psychology
- Master of Education in Testing, Measurement and Evaluation
- Master of Education (Primary)
- PhD in Language Education
- PhD in Social Studies Education
Faculty of Law
The faculty has two departments: Foundational Law and Practical Legal Studies. It offers the Bachelor of Laws (Honors) degree and the Master of Laws (Commercial Law).