University of Malawi – College of Medicine how to Apply or Admission Procedure
How to apply
To apply for the training send your CV and motivation via email to Mrs Mercy Chavura on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Applications are due on 15th July 2017
• Applicants will be informed about the outcome of their application by 20th July 2017
• Successful applications to be awarded scholarships for the course fees will be required to sign a legally binding agreement by 23 June 2017
Introduction to Electronic Data Capturing Using ODK
Facilitation: Research Support Centre
Dates: 12th to 13th July 2017
Venue: College of Medicine, Mahatma Gandhi Campus.
College of Medicine’s Research Support Centre strives to build capacity of the administration of Research and Grants. One of the strategies is through delivery of various training courses. This time around, we are offering a training course in introduction to Electronic Data Capturing using Open Data Kit (ODK). This will equip participants with skills needed to design forms in XLSform, uploading forms onto server, download onto ODK collect on tablets and uploading data from the tablets onto server.
Course Fee: USD180 per participant. Course fees cover course material, lunch and refreshments
Who should apply: Data managers, Data officers, Quality assurance, Quality control officers, Principal Investigators and other logisticians who develop study protocols, Project managers, Study nurses involved in Data collection, and Study coordinators responsible for day-to-day field activities and Study monitors.
About the course: This course will cover modules from Introduction to Data management through to Preparing data for analysis. Following aspects will be covered:
- Introduction to Data Management
- Downloading Forms from ODK Aggregate Server
- General overview of the Electronic Data Capturing Systems
- Uploading Data into ODK Aggregate Server
- General Architecture of ODK platform
- Download Data from ODK Aggregate Server
- Form design in ODK
- Data Cleaning in ODK Aggregate Server
- Publishing XLSForm to ODK Aggregate Server
- Prepare Data for Analysis using Stata
If you need more information, send an email to email@example.com (with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org) or call on +265 888 366 394. You can also visit our website: http://www.rsc.medcol.mw/rscnew/?page_id=16
Application Deadline: Applications should be submitted to email@example.com (with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Monday, 10th July 2017.