University Of Swaziland economics
The mission of the Department of Economics is to provide and ensure a congenial and productive academic and intellectual environment that will facilitate the provision of training requirements for graduates of the highest standard; who will be capable of meeting the manpower needs of government, quasi-government, industry, bilateral and multilateral institutions, research, and academics, both locally and internationally.
1. To provide an academic and intellectual environment in a University setting that facilitates all aspects of education and research in economics.
2. To teach, train and produce economics graduates who are competent to assume leadership and functional positions in government, industry, academia and international organizations.
3. To contribute to the advancement of knowledge in economics by doing research and consultancy as a Department and as individuals, and by disseminating research findings both locally and internationally.
4. To emphasize fully and explicitly the relevance of research in economics to theoretical, empirical and policy issues.
5. To provide economics service courses to other Departments in the University.
6. To develop peer revisable teaching materials for use by economics students.
Department of Economics Courses
|Combined Major Degree Programme|
Single Major Degree Programme