University Of Swaziland faculty of agriculture
The Faculty of Agriculture seeks to pursue excellence in teaching, research, outreach and enterprise development in the disciplines of agriculture and home economics in order to serve the needs of the Kingdom of Swaziland and beyond.
- To adopt teaching strategies that are responsive to the needs and aspirations of the internal and external environment of the Faculty of Agriculture in favour of proper balance of teaching, research, outreach and enterprise development.
- To produce graduates at all levels who are well equipped for the job market and self-employment.
- To collaborate with all stakeholders in the development and dissemination of technology and information.
- To develop and operate a library that provides an excellent information service to the academic community of the Faculty and to serve as a reference centre for the public.
- To conduct demand-driven research aimed at increased production, poverty alleviation and environmental conservation;
- To disseminate research-derived information in a usable form to all stakeholders.
- To develop and operate a teaching and research farm, and a commercial farm.
- To provide consultancy services.
The economy of Swaziland is predominantly agricultural based; capacity in this field is therefore an imperative. The Faculty of Agriculture aims to produce the much needed capacity by providing leadership and high quality education and research in the field of agriculture. High quality internationally recognized undergraduate and postgraduate programs are offered in this faculty.
Departments and Subject Offerings
The Faculty of Agriculture has the following academic departments:
- Agricultural and BioSystems Engineering
- Agricultural Economics and Management
- Agricultural Education and Extension
- Animal Science
- Consumer Sciences
- Crop Production
The Faculty offers undergraduate programmes and some departments within the Faculty also offer post-graduate programmes. Information about the post-graduate programmes can be obtained from the Institute of Post-Graduate Studies.
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture Education
- Bachelor of Science in Agronomy
- Bachelor of Science in Animal Science
- Bachelor of Science in Animal Science (Dairy)
- Bachelor of Science in Consumer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Consumer Science Education
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science, Nutrition and Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Horticulture
- Bachelor of Science in Textile and Apparel Design and Management
Contacting the Faculty
Faculty of Agriculture
University of Swaziland
P. O. Luyengo
Telephone: (+268) 25170505/6
Fax: (+268) 2527 4441