University Of Swaziland mature age entry
(a) A candidate must be at least 22 years or older on the first day of the University Academic year in which admission is sought (A copy of birth certificate or National Identity card is required when submitting an application).
(b) A candidate should have completed SGCSE/IGCSE or equivalent with a pass (E grade or better) in four (4) subjects.
(c) No candidate who has previously attended at the University may be re-admitted to the University under these regulations to a programme in which he/she has previously been unsuccessful during the previous attendance, unless he/she produces evidence of further study satisfactory to the University.
(d) If, in the opinion of the University, a candidate has complied successfully with conditions (a) to (c) above, he/she will be required to sit a Special Entrance examination which will consist of a general paper and a special paper in the candidate’s intended field of study.
- The general paper which is an English paper is written by all candidates.
- A candidate applying for the following Commerce-related programmes and or specialization will be expected to write a Commerce special paper;
- Bachelor of Commerce (Full-time)
- Bachelor of Commerce (IDE)
- B. Ed. Secondary (Business Education)
- B. Ed. Secondary (Commerce) – IDE
- A candidate applying for the following Science-related programmes and or specialization will be expected to write a Science special paper;
- B.Sc. in Agricultural Economics & Agribusiness Management
- B.Sc. in Agricultural Education
- B.Sc. in Agronomy
- B.Sc. in Animal Science
- B.Sc. in Animal Science (Dairy)
- B.Sc. in Food Science, Nutrition & Technology
- B.Sc. in Consumer Science
- B.Sc. in Consumer Science Education
- B.Sc. in Horticulture
- B.Sc. in Agricultural & Biosystems Engineering
- B.Sc. in Textile and Apparel Design & Management
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health Science
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health & Food Science
- B. Sc. in Environmental Management & Occupational Safety & Health
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Management & Water Resources
- Bachelor of Nursing Science
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical & Electronic)
- Bachelor of Science
- B. Ed. Primary (Science)
- B. Ed. Secondary (Science)
- A candidate applying for any of the following programmes will be expected to write the Aptitude Test;
- Certificate in Adult Education
- Diploma in Adult Education
- Diploma in Law
- B. Ed. Primary(Language Arts)
- B. Ed. Secondary (Humanities)
- B. Ed. Primary (Social Studies)
- Bachelor of Arts in Humanities (Full-time)
- Bachelor of Arts in Humanities (IDE)
- B. Ed. Adult Education – IDE
- B. Ed. Primary – IDE
- B. Ed. Secondary – IDE
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication
- A candidate will be recommended to the Admissions Committee having satisfied all the MAES conditions and having passed the special papers for the intended programme(s).
- The University will consider candidate on the recommendation of the Mature Age Entry Committee.
More information about the Mature Age Entry Scheme can be obtained from the Admissions Office.
The Admissions Office
University of Swaziland
Private Bag 4, Kwaluseni