Lesotho College Of Education Courses And Admission Requirements
Considering Lesotho College Of Education?
Application forms are normally obtainable at the College in Maseru, Thaba-Tseka and District Education Offices in March each year for admission in January of the following year.
Lesotho College of Education has two campuses being the Maseru Main Campus and the Thaba –Tseka Satellite Campus. There is provision on the application form for a candidate to indicate his/her preferred campus.
A. Certificate in Early Childhood Education (CECE) – part time
Duration: Two (2) years
Clientele : -Reception Class Teacher, District Teacher Trainer of IECCD, Area Resource Teacher for IECCD or Teacher in IECCD Centre/Nursery school
COSC/GCE/LGCSE or at least a second class pass at JC level and must be employed at one of the centres listed under clientele above. At least three (3) years of continuous teaching experience at the above mentioned cntres recognized by the Ministry of Education and Training.
B. Diploma in Education (Primary) – Full-time
Duration: 3 years
Clientele: COSC/LGCSE and other teaching certificate holders who intend to train as Primary School Teachers.
- COSC with 3 credits and two passes. The passed subjects must include English Language.
- COSC with three (3) credits and two (2) passes. English Language must be one of the subjects passed or
- LGCSE with symbol C or better in three (3) subjects and symbol D or better in two (2) subjects. The passed subjects must include English Language.
- Equivalent certificates from recognized institutions shall be considered. A pass in Mathematics will be an added advantage.
C. Diploma in Education (Secondary) – Full-time
Duration: 3 years
Clientele: COSC /LGCSE and other non-teaching certificate holders who intend to train as Secondary School Teachers
- COSC with 4 credits and one pass. The passed subjects must include English Language.
- LGCSE with symbol C or better in four (4) subjects and symbol D or better in one (1) subject. The passed subjects must include English Language.
- Equivalent certificates from recognized institutions shall be considered.
D. Advanced Diploma in Special Education (ADSE) – Currently not offered until further notice.
Duration: 1 year full Time
Clientele: Qualified High school and Primary School teachers who intend to specialize in Special Educational Needs
- Diploma in Education (or its equivalent) and at least two (2) years teaching experience in either Primary or Secondary schools.
- Teaching certificate plus Certificate in Special Education with at least two years teaching experience.
Equivalent certificates shall be determined as and when applications are received.