Holy Family College of Nursing Intake
TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES IN CHAM COLLEGES FOR INTAKE
Christian Health Association of Malawi invites applications from interested candidates to enroll in the following programs to commence in April.
The programs are:
1. College Diploma in Nursing & Midwifery Technician, NMT: 3-year program offered in ALL CHAM COLLEGES as listed below
Applicants must have a Malawi School Certificate of Education or its equivalent with 5 passes with at least three (3) credits in science subjects, i.e. credits in either Physical Science or Biology plus two (2) credits from two of the following subjects, Mathematics, Agriculture, Geography and Home Economics
2. The following courses are offered at Malamulo College of Health Sciences Only.
a. Diploma in Clinical Medicine: 3-year program
b. Diploma in Biomedical Sciences: 3-year program
Entry Requirements for Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Diploma in Biomedical Sciences courses are: Applicants must have a Malawi School Certificate of Education or its equivalent with mandatory FOUR credits in Biology, English, Mathematics and Physical Science
c. Certificate in Clinical Medicine: Tenable at Malamulo College of Health Sciences)
Entry Requirements are: Applicants must have Malawi School Certificate of Education or its equivalent with any two credits in Biology, Mathematics, Physical Science, Geography, Home Economics and strong pass in English
Currently, the cost of training in CHAM Colleges is K960, 050. 00 per academic year, per student for all residential students. However, the fees are subject to revision. CHAM provides opportunity for non-residential students at a reduced cost. There is limited number of scholarships available through CHAM and the Government of Malawi through the Ministry of Health.
The Holy Family College of Nursing and Midwifery under the umbrella of Christian Health Association of Malawi (CHAM) is inviting applications for admission into the Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery Technician programme for the academic year. This is a three years (6 semester) self-sponsored programme and the candidates must be prepared to pay for their own fees.
- Suitable candidates must not be less than 16 years and not more than 45 years of age
- Applications must provide evidence of having passed the Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE) or its equivalent with 6 credits which should include English, Physical science/Physics and Chemistry, Biology and other science subject which could be Mathematics, Agriculture, Geography, Home economics, plus any 2 other subjects.
- MK600,000 per semester payable in two equal installments for residential candidates
- MK400,000 per semester payable in two equal installments for non-residential candidates
Candidates who meet the entry requirements are encouraged to apply by attaching a copy of certificate or notification of results of the MSCE or its equivalent and proof of payment of MK10,000 non-refundable admission application fee.
Applications must be sent to the address below or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on 5th May, 2021.
The College Registrar
Holy Family College of Nursing and Midwifery
P.O. Box 51224
The admission application fee must be deposited into the following bank account:
Bank: National Bank of Malawi
Account name: Holy Family College of Nursing
Account number: 646881
Branch: Mulanje Branch
Account: Current Account
Interested candidates may submit their applications to the college of their choice through the Principal:
1. Ekwendeni College of Nursing, P.O Box 19, Ekwendeni – Mzimba .
2. St John’s College of Nursing, P.O Box 18, Mzuzu.
3. Mulanje Mission College of Nursing, P.O Box 45, Mulanje.
4. Trinity College of Nursing, P.O Box 51937, Limbe.
5. Malamulo College of Health Sciences, P.O Box 55, Makwasa.
6. St Luke’s College of Nursing, P O Box 21, Chilema.
7. Holy Family College of Nursing, P O Box 51224, Limbe.
8. Nkhoma College of Nursing, P O Box 48, Nkhoma.
9. St. Joseph’s Nursing School, P O Box 5505, Limbe.
Successful candidates are expected to work in remote rural health facilities under CHAM and the Ministry of Health.
Closing date for receiving applications is 20th January.