Bioinformatics Training 2017 Databases
Applications are being invited from eligible candidates to apply for a Bioinformaticstraining in Databases to be held at College of Medicine from 1 to 3 June 2017. The Malawi-Liverpool Wellcome Trust Training grant is funding the training courses. Successful applicants will be awarded scholarships to cover course fees subject to terms and conditions. Successful applicants will cover their own transport and accommodation cost to and from the training.
This course is one of series of training courses that are running from 2016 to 2017. The aim of the training courses is to equip scientist and researchers with Bioinformatics knowledge and skills to enable them address biological questions in their research areas. It is also aimed at introducing the field of Bioinformatics to upcoming scientists who may wish to study and specialize in Bioinformatics.
The course is aimed at researchers, lecturers and students in mathematical, medical and biological sciences. Examples of these fields include but are not limited to Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Medical Sciences, Medicine, Informatics, Statistics, Biology and Chemistry.
Applicants have to show that:
• They are working in a field that requires application of Bioinformatics techniques;
• They intend to enroll in Bioinformatics specialty in the nearest future;
• They are interested in Bioinformatics research;
• They are doing research that requires Bioinformatics skills and knowledge or
• They are in a position to transfer Bioinformatics knowledge to others in their work environment.
• 20 trainees will be admitted into each training
This course specifically introduces trainees to design and implementation of databases. It also introduces biological databases popularly used in Bioinformatics field.
• Duration: 3 days, full time
• Dates: 1 to 3 June 2017
• College of Medicine, Blantyre, Malawi.
• K76, 780.00 per course per participant for three days. Successful applicants will be awarded scholarships to cover the training fees through funding from the MalawiLiverpool Wellcome Trust Training Grant subject to terms and conditions.
• The course fees will include lunch, refreshments and training materials.
• Accommodation and transport for participants is not included in the course fees.
• There will be no allowances or per diems that will be given to participants for attending the training.
How to apply
To apply for the training send your CV and motivation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
• Applications are due on 19th May 2017
• Applicants will be informed about the outcome of their application by 22 May 2017
• Successful applications to be awarded scholarships for the course for the course fees will be required to sign a legally binding agreement by 26 May 2017.