Master’s Program Infrastructure Planning 2017/2018.
Civil engineers, architects and urban planners as well as graduates from related fields of study who wish to gain insight into infrastructure planning in a broad, integrated context and who want to prepare for international and complex planning tasks. Career goals might be: infrastructure planner in the private sector/consultant, civil servant dealing with various aspects of infrastructure planning on the regional/national level or decision maker in policy and planning.
Graduates will be capable of directing and coordinating the work of international and interdisciplinary teams of specialists from a wide variety of infrastructure-related fields.
English. Fluency in written and spoken English is essential from the beginning of the program. Class work involves reports and oral presentations in English. Basic knowledge of German has to be acquired throughout the program in mandatory German classes offered by the University of Stuttgart.
- Bachelor (minimum 6 semesters, some countries 8) or equivalent in civil engineering, architecture, urban planning or related fields
- At least two years of relevant professional experience is required only for DAAD scholarship applicants; self-financing students can enter the program without professional experience
- English; TOEFL (550 PBT, 213 CBT, 79 iBT) or IELTS (Band 6.0)
Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Every year in October
Duration of German language course prior to beginning of programme
6 weeks (starting at the beginning of September)
Closing date for applications for admission to the program in 2018 and for funding by DAAD scholarship:
30 September 2017, online application at the University of Stuttgart.
Final deadline for applications (private funding without scholarship): 15 February 2018, online application at the University of Stuttgart.
- Admission on an annual basis for the Winter Semester only.
- Online application in the university system “C@MPUS”.
- Test of English proficiency is mandatory for all applicants.
- A mandatory German language course begins on September 1, 2018, prior to the beginning of lectures in October 2018.
- A limited quota of single rooms in student dormitories is available, but accommodation for families cannot be arranged.
- An administrative and social fee of 170 EUR per semester is charged by the University of Stuttgart.
Please note: the State of Baden-Württemberg is planning to introduce a tuition fee of 1500 EUR per semester for international students starting with the winter semester 2017/18. Updated information can be found on the MIP-homepage in June 2017.
For further information contact
University of Stuttgart
Master’s Program Infrastructure Planning
Dipl.-Ing. Elke Schneider, Course Director